Author Topic: Who's going to reverse engineer THIS one?!?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline yaddayaddayadda

• I Love Pizza!
Who's going to reverse engineer THIS one?!?
« on: July 19, 2007, 07:56:48 AM »

The above photo, from the Pizza Hut Japan website, is of what I think is called the Double Roll. Remember Stuffed Crust Pizzas, where there was cheese tucked inside the crust of the pizza? The Double Roll takes that concept and basically blows it up by adding hot dogs and pepperoni (I think) to the crust like tiny corn dogs or maybe pigs in blankets, then throws on peas, corn and miniature hamburger patties as toppings.

via Slashfood

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: Who's going to reverse engineer THIS one?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:10 AM »
It's not something that would personally interest me, however, after first thinking it was a bit "different",
I can now see a market for it.... I bet my kids would eat this, and ask for it, if I started making it.

First off, they love "pigs in blankets" ( mini hotdogs in dough ) that we have at our family parties during the winter,
so I could see them liking this pizza.

However, I see this as a lot of work, when I could just buy frozen ones ( pigs in blankets ) and bake them seperately
and put them on the table on another plate.  However, when mass produced machines can do this effortlessly.

I wonder if this is something kids would eat up by the thousands at Pizza Hut in Canada and in the United States... hmm,
perhaps so..... or it could turn out like the pizzas McDonald's tried out about 6 years ago, they didn't last long, eventhough they
spend millions on creating the "perfect" oven to do their frozen McPizza or whatever it was called.  Our local McDonald's was a test
point for their pizza.  We tried one once, and were not impressed, and I guess that was the general feeling from most of the masses, and that's why it failed.
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »
It's %$# like this that gives Pizza a bad name.
Regards,
David
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 11:52:27 AM »
I'd eat it.  It's right on that fine line between genius and madness.  :-)

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »
That's insane.. :o
Pizza Rocks