Author Topic: Oven for Thin Crust and Cracker Style Pizza?  (Read 2384 times)

Offline negotiator50

Oven for Thin Crust and Cracker Style Pizza?
« on: July 24, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »
Hello,

I am opening up a new pizza location specializing in thin crust and cracker style pizzas. I am looking for good reasonably priced ovens that are specific for this type of pizza and will cook the pizza relatively quickly as the restaurant is "fast dining." Any suggestions on type of oven and any suggestions on where to purchase these ovens either new or used.

Thanks

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Oven for Thin Crust and Cracker Style Pizza?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
negotiator50,

My advice is to go to the PMQ Think Tank forum, at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6, and register such that you can post your question there. The PMQ TT forum is frequented mainly by professional pizza operators. You can also search the forum and the archives as well.

Good luck.

Peter

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:00:23 AM »
Where are you located? There's a newer place in Los Angeles (West LA area), Stone Fire Pizza, that does very thin crust pizza. They use a wood oven. But it's not the traditional styles of pizza that you normally see.
-JP-

Offline zenoptic

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 01:39:10 AM »
You need a "pastry sheeter" (SP?) as well, to get the crust you are talking about.
Thin crust (The real Chicago style pizza!) is what I use to make back in "da region".

pizzapan