Author Topic: Federici's Freehold NJ  (Read 5390 times)

Offline tonyp0387

Federici's Freehold NJ
« on: August 01, 2007, 09:58:27 PM »
I was traveling down Route 9 south and i decided to stop at this place because of it being named on this site. Don't ever eat there it was terrible. I was laughing it was so  bad. The crust is literally a cracker they use Suzy Bell extra heavy puree for there sauce so half the sauce is literally water since you have to water down a extra heavy puree they cook it and it is the thinest sauce i have ever seen it probably cost them 2 cents for there sauce. the dough is ran through a sheeter and then  placed on a screen, they then dock it,  it is then placed in a conveyor oven then they take it out of the conveyor and it is placed in a deck oven. That should be all you need to know.

When I tell you the crust was literally a cracker i mean it looked and tasted like a cracker i %$# u not.  This place is an embarrassment to NJ Pizza and does not reflect the state at all.

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
Re: Federici's Freehold NJ
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 03:23:15 AM »
Some might say that it actually reflects the state quite well, then.   :-D

I kid, I kid.  I actually don't mind Jersey... parts of it.  ;D

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline othafa9

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 05:39:33 AM »
Some might say that it actually reflects the state quite well, then.   :-D

I kid, I kid.  I actually don't mind Jersey... parts of it.  ;D

- aba

I once lived near Cherry Hill NJ for about a month.  It was the most depressing place I've ever been to........and whats with the no U-Turns?  And I just want to pump my own gas!   I would like to visit "A Mano Pizza" so I'll probably be coming back.  Another part of the state was quite nice though, I don't remember what it was called.

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
Haha, I stayed in Cherry Hill for 2 nights last month.  I second everything you just said, haha!  My sister used to live down in the southern part in Manahawkin or something.  That wasn't so bad.

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 01:20:44 PM »
Perhaps North Jersey has to secede and form it's own state. ::)
Patrick

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
There is a motion going in Vermont to secede called the "Green Mountain Manifesto", possibly with a couple other states and Quebec to form "New Acadia".  That would be interesting.  I'd have to use a passport to go back to Maine.  Supposedly it has 13% support in Vermont.

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 02:14:40 PM »
Federici's used to be a quality pie.  It went down the crapper about 5 years ago. 

Offline rebeltruce

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 07:09:24 AM »
A good friend and I did a roadtrip to Freehold about 23 years ago...the plan was to check out Springsteen's hometown.

One thing we had to try was Federici's pizza, I'll quote the Rolling Stone interview in which Springsteen said, "Everyone growing up had a big round grease stain in the middle of the front seat of their car from Federici's pizza"

Well we stopped in and had a pizza, at the time......23 years ago....I thought it was an excellent pizza! I don't remember exactly how it tasted...to many miles and to many lost brain cells ago for that! I do remember it being, in my mind fantastic pizza.

Sorry to see that it has changed.....

Offline beaunehead

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »
Federici's hasn't really changed...much in all that time or ever....if you like that style (cracker thin; thin sauce; not filling) it's one of the best ever...if not...it isn't...

I grew up in Freehold with one of those grease stains on my carseats that Bruce spoke of...they used to send it out on a piece of cardboard and a big paper bag. I thought it was the best ever; my wife of 24 years wasn't convinced, though. Then, we discovered DeLornenzo's Hudson St. in Trenton....and both agree that it is the best there is...anywhere....better than NY, New Haven or Federici's.....

But, Fed's is a styled....it gets very very expensive because the pies are both very expensive and so thin they are not at all filling and you have to eat a whole one to get full...

But....not much about them has really changed...except they now use a conveyor belt oven.....

And, Bruce still eats there....and so do I whenever I get a chance...but no more special trips to do so; only to eat them in Trenton...
Stuart

Offline yaddayaddayadda

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 11:03:26 AM »
I can't believe all the hate on Federici's. I just recently went to the original in freehold, and it was one of the best pies I've ever eaten!!!!!! Phenomenal pizza.

pizzapan