Author Topic: frono bravo vs.mugnani  (Read 4924 times)

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
frono bravo vs.mugnani
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:00:28 PM »
I'm just about ready to order an outdoor pizza oven
due to space limitations, I'm choosing between the mignani piccolo 80 and the forno bravo casa 80.
both appear to be the same size and specifications
the mugnani is $ 600.00 more
I don;t mind spending the 600.00 if the mugnani is a better product.
can anyone out there is a difference in these 2 ovens ?
perry

Offline dmun

• I Love Pizza!
Re: frono bravo vs.mugnani
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »
I can't imagine someone who had had direct experience with both ovens. If there are such people, here's the place to find them. I know James at Forno Bravo wouldn't be selling the product if it wasn't good.

That said, 31.5 inches is really small for both a fire and a pizza. Is your space THAT constrained?

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »
<That said, 31.5 inches is really small for both a fire and a pizza. Is your space THAT constrained?>

I have a corner spot on my deck that abuts a 48" wall.
as far as I can tell, any larger unit will not work
all I want to do is 1 or 2 pizza's at a time so I think this will do just fine.

Offline Pizza Nomad

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 12:02:36 PM »
  I need to put in  my two cents here.   I do own both ovens.  I have a Forno Bravo installed in my home, and then I bought  a Mugnani that I use for my pizza catering businesss.  There is a significant difference when it comes to performance, durablitity and customer service.
    I don't want to bash anyone publicly, but just let me say, you get what you pay for.  Spend the extra money.  I wish I did.
Ted

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
I ordered the forno bravo in september and finished my oven
I've been cooking for a while
i couldn't imagine better service or a better pizza
sorry for whatever problems you had, but not sure what could go wrong with an oven
seems like both are good companies, but I'm happy to have the 600.00 in my pocket

Offline shango

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:17:24 PM »
I have actually used both.  Mugnanini at a friends house (actually did a couple "catering" jobs for him)  and just this last Sunday, the Forno Bravo..

I see little difference..They are both quite nice for home use. 

I guess the deciding factors for me would be; tech support, warranty, shipping costs, etc..The incidental and hidden expenses.

The bottom line is what I would be looking at in this situation, as both ovens will perform quite well.

-E
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline shango

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »
Adding on to previous post..

There are a lot of ovens available and I would carefully consider ALL of the options before jumping into such a large investment..

Make sure that these are the brands you have truly narrowed it down to
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline Pizza Nomad

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »
In regards to the performance of both ovens, I found that the Mugnani holds heat much longer.   I had been using a Forno Bravo for almost a year before I bought the Mugnani. 
As soon as I started using the Mugnani, I could see right away that it made much better crusts when making large numbers of pizza.

Also, the floor of my Forno Bravo is pitting.  I don't have this problem with the Mugnani.

I just want to relate my own experiences with you.  I have no stock in either company.  I have been to James home and found  him to be a very nice guy.  He sent me away with a bottle of his homemade wine.  He did, however, have some follow though problems which took over a year to resolve.
I have been to the Mugnani warehouse and took their cooking class.  They are also very good people.

T.

pizzapan