Author Topic: Favorite Pepperoni  (Read 60886 times)

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Favorite Pepperoni
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2012, 05:26:51 PM »
Bill - You must be sick of hearing kudos, but that shot is magazine worthy. I have to ask: can you go into some detail about your American dough?

John

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2012, 05:40:01 PM »
Bill - You must be sick of hearing kudos, but that shot is magazine worthy. I have to ask: can you go into some detail about your American dough?

John

Thanks, John, for the very kind words. I was working on this dough long before the Neapolitan bug bit me. I've recently pulled my recipe out of the mothballs and am bringing it up to date since my tastes and procedures and skill level have progressed. I will be putting it all together for publication in the near future.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:52:04 PM by Bill/SFNM »

Offline Old Shakeys Cop

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2012, 08:02:05 PM »
"When I was a kid, I remember one particular pizza reataurant that used pepperoni that was about the same diameter as a quarter. These little pepperonis would cup when cooked and the rim/edge of the pepperoni would burn ever so slightly. It was the best tasting pepperoni that I can remember."

You could also be describing "Swifts Premium Pepperoni" It was about that size and it was a dark red, spicier than most and it cupped when it cooked because of the natural casing it was made in would shrink when cooked. And yes the edges would get dark and crispy. Still my favorite by far.
Ezzo Supreme Special

--------------------------------------------------------

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
Bill,
 So how did you like the Vt Smoked peperoni you mentioned  spicy  top ten 10 for you  ? I really like it as well whole case is on the way soon.  Also want to try some good spopressatta if anyone can suggest large stick for me to slice up :)
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com