Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried . . .  (Read 13191 times)

Offline wildfire

• Food Service Warehouse
Re: Has anyone ever tried . . .
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 04:09:24 PM »
Wow, I have actually never heard of anyone using nutella on pizza before! (Since I happen to put it on everything, I am definately going to have to try this recipe) :) Congrats on the delicious looking pizza!

Offline Frankie G

• Lifetime Member
  • Wood-Fired ovens RULE!
    • Frankie G's Pizza Oven Project
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 10:33:13 AM »
Nutella... agreed is pretty close to heaven.  We dress ours with Nutella, fresh strawberries and sprinkle with powered sugar.

But at my house... we also make:  PBJ (yes... peanut butter and jelly...), brown sugar and cinnamon, and so on.

Frankie G
www.fgpizza.com

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 01:25:42 AM »
I started playing around with Nutella after I saw a post on Slice that had a dessert calzone with a Nutella and ricotta filling.  It sounded so good that I wanted to try it.  It tasted really good but we ended up using a calzone with a ricotta and dark chocolate chip filling and garnished it with powdered sugar and put chocolate syrup on the plate.

Offline xjeffabramx

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »
A good dessert that i have had with Nutella is a calzone with a banana and Nutella cooked, and then topped with ice cream.  My wife and I love it.

Offline ninapizza23

• Hap pye faces from Venice
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:23 PM »
FABIO,
I bet you are the one that sent me the link of Jeff Verasano Pizza. I can't believe I am reading your post on this forum. Be careful about the nutella that you buy, they make one with High Fructose Corn Syrup, a very concentrated type of sugar that will eventually give you diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke and cancer. Ciao

Offline Matthew

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 06:19:49 AM »
FABIO,
Be careful about the nutella that you buy, they make one with High Fructose Corn Syrup, a very concentrated type of sugar that will eventually give you diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke and cancer. Ciao

???
http://www.nutellausa.com/ingredients.htm

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 08:21:21 AM »
FABIO,
I bet you are the one that sent me the link of Jeff Verasano Pizza. I can't believe I am reading your post on this forum. Be careful about the nutella that you buy, they make one with High Fructose Corn Syrup, a very concentrated type of sugar that will eventually give you diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke and cancer. Ciao

I agree with Matt, I also have Nutella here at home and use it all the time in preparing different food items. By my jar it says prepared with 50 hazelnuts per jar, contains no artificial colors, contains no artificial preservatives.  Can't understand why you would knock it.  ???

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline ninapizza23

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »
      :(  I GUESS SOME PEOPLE DON'T TRAVEL MUCH  and all they do is stay behind a computer and criticize other people that know how to eat very healthy.  I think that instead of learning they jump on and attack because that's all they know how to do. Some people don't know how to read!          ....some stores carry the one with high fructose, I DID NOT SAY THAT ALL THE NUTELLA IS MADE WITH HFCS!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 09:48:19 AM »
      :(  I GUESS SOME PEOPLE DON'T TRAVEL MUCH  and all they do is stay behind a computer and criticize other people that know how to eat very healthy.  I think that instead of learning they jump on and attack because that's all they know how to do. Some people don't know how to read!          ....some stores carry the one with high fructose, I DID NOT SAY THAT ALL THE NUTELLA IS MADE WITH HFCS!

ninapizza23,

I still haven't been able to figure out why you post such things, when people are trying out ingredients.  ??? People can make their own choices, they are grownups. As far as traveling, I have been to South America, Mexico, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Saint Thomas, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, San Blas Islands, and many states in the United States. If this was directed at me, I still can't figure out your posts as they would relate in a meaningful way to what other people are talking about. I understand there are products that aren't healthy, but each person should be able to make that choice.

Norma

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:53:28 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »
Please refrain from negative comments regarding other members. Debate regarding ingredients and their health issues are fine, but please keep it friendly. Thank you.

Offline ninapizza23

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »
Bill,
all I said to Fabio was to choose the Nutella that has no HFCS because I have noticed  that some stores  sell it.  Next 2 posts were ATTACKS, ATTACKS and some more ATTACKS from these 2 individuals that all they know how to do is attacking. I was directing my message to this nice guy FABIO, not the others.  It seems that I can't answer a post without an attack from these 2 individuals.

Please re-read my reply to Fabio and then let me know who should be refrained.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 11:52:12 AM »
The moderators often fire a warning shot over the bow when there is danger that a thread may be veering into offensive territory. Our goal is to maintain this forum as a friendly welcoming place, not to serve as referees.

Please PM Steve, the list owner, if you wish to discuss this further.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:55:16 AM by Bill/SFNM »

pizzapan