Author Topic: First post: Emergency help please, modified Chicago/Detroit  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Abouna

Re: First post: Emergency help please, modified Chicago/Detroit
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 09:47:22 PM »
Thanks for all the numbers everyone.

One more question, since I plan on making this Detroit modified, should I use all provolone or a mix of provo & mozzarella for the topping?

Offline goosen1

• What can Brown do for you??
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 08:57:18 AM »
Thanks for all the numbers everyone.

One more question, since I plan on making this Detroit modified, should I use all provolone or a mix of provo & mozzarella for the topping?
I use a mix of mozz and prov on my deep dish and mozz and jack on my thin crust. It's all on your taste. Or... Make one side regular and the other side mixed. Once in a while I will get smoked prov for a change.

Goose
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline Musky

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
Goosen1, your thin crust recipe sounds great.  I don't see you mention a slow refrigerated rise for the dough.  Have you made it the day before use?  I just finished making a Loowaters' and a Randy's thin for Saturday, and was going to prepare two DKM thins for overnight counter rises tomorrow to bake Friday.  After seeing your recipe I would like to make one DKM and try one of yours, but won't have time to make your recipe Friday as I will be on the golf course until early evening.

Thanks.

It's been a while since I made pizza.  I'm looking forward to Friday.

Kevin

Offline goosen1

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 10:33:35 PM »
Hey Musky,

When I make the thin crust, I normally make it the same day, But... I have had it up to 48 hrs in the fridge and it does have a better flavor.. The temptation of having the dough kills me so I make it that same day!!!  :-D

Goose
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline Musky

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »
Thanks, Goose.  I sent you a PM a short time ago in case you didn't see my question.  Then came back to the forums and saw you answered.  Then my internet went out for a while.  LOL

Do you do a warm rise and punch down before putting the dough in the frig, or chuck it right in out of the mixer?  I find Loo's deep dish dough recipe works better if I do the warm rise he suggests before putting it in the fridge for a day or two, but put I Randy's thin right into the frig for two days.

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline goosen1

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 11:32:44 PM »
Thanks, Goose.  I sent you a PM a short time ago in case you didn't see my question.  Then came back to the forums and saw you answered.  Then my internet went out for a while.  LOL

Do you do a warm rise and punch down before putting the dough in the frig, or chuck it right in out of the mixer?  I find Loo's deep dish dough recipe works better if I do the warm rise he suggests before putting it in the fridge for a day or two, but put I Randy's thin right into the frig for two days.

Thanks,

Kevin
I let the dough rest for about 15-20min before I put it into the fridge.

Offline Musky

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 11:38:28 PM »
Cool.  I'm going to give it a go.  I hope I'm not too out of practice.  That picture of the thin crust you posted in the other thread looks great.

I'll have four different crusts for Friday night.  Hopefully I'll bat 1.000 and have some good pictures.

Thanks again,

Kevin