Author Topic: Reverse engineered coal fired brick oven  (Read 183783 times)

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
Re: Reverse engineered coal fired brick oven
« Reply #700 on: May 07, 2008, 09:37:15 AM »
Hey Mark,

Those were all interesting links.
I especially liked the low profile pita type
bread one. I think when you get into that type
of bread you are going to see very good benefits
from the 2stone because the heat is penetrating from
the top and the bottom without having to work its way into
a thick mass and you can achieve the crust he talks about.

This is almost low enough to fit in the standard 2stone. The crust has
a caramelized look to it, but there is nothing but mist applied to it.

willard   
2Stone blog: www.2stoneblog.com

Offline dikemiya

« Reply #701 on: May 09, 2008, 03:07:18 AM »
i was thinking, would you ever consider making a 2stone oven with the 19in Fibrement stone?  then you could make large NY style pizzas also!

thanks

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
« Reply #702 on: May 09, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »
dikemiya,

That is a question I have been asked several times. (and it's a good one)
With the 15" 2stone ovens that use the bayou that are  rotated manually,
we are pretty much maxed out in terms of maintaining high heat and
ease of use (rotating) The 19" stone is really a monster in terms of weight
and could be implemented better on the pizza pro which has a substantial
steel plate / shaft / bearings and rotating mechanism. As it stands now one
of our main objectives is to maintain door to door UPS shipping on all our ovens.
All though it can be done, it may require a substantial redesign. At the present
we have a total of 5 2stone models and a cart, so we have our hands pretty full.

The baking speed is also very fast so the production rate is still pretty good with
both the 13" and the 15" models.

regards,
willard

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
« Reply #703 on: May 12, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »
I recently ran across this thread on Chow.

Thanks for posting the thread. And the pictures do look great. Showing that the pizza apparently cooks from the top AND the bottom. But I read through the entire thread and not one of those people actually say it produces better pie (except for the guy who built it.) Not one person on that thread has tried the thing out except the guy who made it. They are only responding to the pictures. I would need more than that before I would be willing to plunk down almost $300 for the contraption.
(the thread being referred to is this thread!)

I get a lot of people wanting to know where there is a forum where they can read what others are saying about the 2stone. I consider this forum to be the premier site on the internet for aspiring pizza makers.
The depth of knowledge and the friendly and helpful atmosphere here is hard to beat.

As you remember I first gave this forum a sneak peak on the 2stone late last year. We have come along way since then. I want to thank all of you who have faithfully posted your reviews along with pictures of the pies you have made. Not only that but you have tirelessly answered a lot of peoples questions.

There are now an incredible large number of forum members who have and use the 2stone. I have exchanged many emails with you and have spoken to many of you on the phone several times.
I have had more fun and pleasure watching many people improve on their pizza making with the use of the higher heat from the 2stone. It's something I never really fully comprehended until I experienced it for my self. The Holy grail is of coarse the wood burning oven, but the 2stone is a great step in that direction, and those of you who use it know that it truly does deliver on the high heat bake. There are also many people who don't have the living accommodations needed for a WFO or may have plans on moving and can't see leaving such an investment behind. 

I have been working on www.2stone.ning.com for a while (time permitting) where I can organize all of the 2stone information. Pizzamaking is the PREMIER GO TO PLACE for pizza related information and advice. People who come to this site are simply amazed at the level of knowledge and expertise that you find here.
I, like many of you owe most of my pizza making improvements to this forum. In setting up the 2stone friends site, my goal was and is to further increase the level of service related to the 2stone, and to add to       and improve on the overall 2stone experience. I hope this also will reduce the commercial nature that this thread may seem to be taking on.

I would like to provide a better organization of facts for people such as the person who posted on the Chow forum and claims that nobody besides me actually uses the 2stone. I hope to be able to do that on the 2stone friends site. I will continue to support this thread and forum, but hope that this will be an improvement.

I have had many forum members ask me when I'm going to have another sale or special like we offered before for the Pizzamaking forum members. So I am now happy to announce that we are going to have another drawing and give away another pizza grill or $200.00 towards any other 2stone product.
This means that if you already own a pizza grill you will be able to upgrade to the oven with an oven casing, or if you already have an oven you can apply the 200.00 towards the 2stone cart.

All you need to do is go to.... www.2stone.ning.com ..... and sign up before May 17 at 8:00 pm. The drawing will be held shortly thereafter and will be announced no later than Sunday night. (The details are posted in the events section)

regards,
willard

By the way Sourdoughgirl, are you also flourgirl!!??

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:53:09 PM by 2stone »

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
« Reply #704 on: May 12, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »
Thanks for posting the thread. And the pictures do look great. Showing that the pizza apparently cooks from the top AND the bottom. But I read through the entire thread and not one of those people actually say it produces better pie (except for the guy who built it.) Not one person on that thread has tried the thing out except the guy who made it. They are only responding to the pictures. I would need more than that before I would be willing to plunk down almost $300 for the contraption.

Willard,

I can't imagine how someone could read even a fraction of the 600 posts that were here when those comments were made and come to those conclusions.

I suppose they might have only read the first page!

Michael
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 05:00:21 PM by mmarston »
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
« Reply #705 on: May 12, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »
You must have surfed right on over there
and saw that he made those comments at
the end of February!!....I double checked it too.
and there were a bunch of user comments by then!

-wg

Offline PizaJim

• I Love Pizza!
    • Rosemark Homes
« Reply #706 on: May 12, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »
Willard,

Cant believe he missed all the posts and pictures from us who love our ovens! I have made some killer pies! I have been wanting to post some pictures, but finally figured out how to turn down the resolution on my cam so I can post them. Been working on some of Marco's starters and they are just about ready. I'll post then.

Jim
2Stone Novice

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
« Reply #707 on: May 12, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »
Hey, Willard!
Just wanted to respond that NO, emphatically NO, I'm not "flourgirl" on Chowhound's forums... I AM a member there, but with the same handle that I have here!

Couldn't figure out what you meant by the question until I went over there and found the thread...
Hope you didn't REALLY think I was she.... and that you were just joshin' me!  Right?   :-\   :o   ???   >:D   :-D   :angel: 

~sd
Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
« Reply #708 on: May 12, 2008, 09:16:22 PM »
Ding Dong the lock is gone! Power to the people?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Michael
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
« Reply #709 on: May 12, 2008, 09:32:49 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread,

For the content of this thread to better reflect the Title or Category system of this forum, this thread as it relates more to Ovens than New York style Pizza is now locked and being continued in the Ovens section of the forum. Hopefully any questions or comments you may have can be answered or responded to in the “2stone High Temperature Ovens” thread there at:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6674.0.html

General Topics >> Pizza Making Equipment >> Pizza Ovens >> Hearth Ovens.

Regards,
Willard,
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:06:57 PM by 2stone »

pizzapan