Author Topic: 6 IN 1 - are they not selling the peeled tomato sauce???  (Read 2743 times)

Offline ocarolina123

6 IN 1 - are they not selling the peeled tomato sauce???
« on: September 26, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »
I am new to  this forum, and have been trying to find the 6 in 1 tomatoes.  Their website describes the tomatoes, but when I try to shop, it only gives me the option to order the all purpose ground tomatoes.  I have tried twice to get them to contact me, but no reply. 

I live in Illinois (Joliet) and my first chicago style with Whole Foods crushed tomatoes did not taste right. 

If someone could help me find these peeled tomatoes, I would appreciate it. 

thanks for ll the other helpful info. 
Carolyn

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
Re: 6 IN 1 - are they not selling the peeled tomato sauce???
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 11:26:56 PM »
Gordon Food Service
2901 W Jefferson St
Joliet, IL 60435
(815) 729-2859

I think they're just being very honest about their product.  You won't find anything that resembles skin or seeds.  A great product but not a snazzy name.  Not too thrilled with their BONTA.  Have fun with it.

PizzaPolice

Offline goosen1

• What can Brown do for you??
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:04:20 AM »
I live in Joliet also... Gordon's is the only place that I have found the 6in1 products. The only can they have is the big one.. when you measure it out it equals 3 1/2 28oz cans.. To find them there they are in the 2nd isle, on the right side a little past half way down on the bottom shelf. It's $4.95 with tax.

Goose
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline joe

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:41:05 AM »
you may want to try Dominicks on RT59 in Shorewood? (it's close t Portillo's) for the 28oz. cans. i live 2 hours south and that's where i get mine.

joe

Offline goosen1

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
you may want to try Dominicks on RT59 in Shorewood? (it's close t Portillo's) for the 28oz. cans. i live 2 hours south and that's where i get mine.

joe

It looks like I will be going there for a few cans this week... How much did they cost per can??

Goose
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline joe

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 01:14:21 PM »
hi goose,
i haven't been there since spring and best i can remember it was a couple bucks a can.
since it's getting cooler out it's about time to get the oven fired back up and i'll be heading back up for supplies. leave a few cans on the selves for me :)

joe c.

Offline itsinthesauce

• This is a sickness.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 05:40:09 PM »
Just bought the large can at Caputo's on RT 59 $4.59 for the large can. Their chesse section is the best I've ever seen 40' of coolers with every imaginable type of fresh cheese.

Offline goosen1

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 06:31:19 PM »
Just bought the large can at Caputo's on RT 59 $4.59 for the large can. Their chesse section is the best I've ever seen 40' of coolers with every imaginable type of fresh cheese.

Isn't that place great!!! I can have a blast in that place spending everything I make. I went to the Dominick's on Rt59 and Black Rd. The 28oz cans went for $2.48 each. Goes to show you that bigger is better for the price.

Goose

Offline ocarolina123

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »
I just got the small cans at caputos today (after I mail ordered directly from escalon - still waiting...) for $1.59 a can.  I stocked up to add to what is coming - and I have to say, the best canned tomato thus far! 
I was also stopped by a woman in the deli, asking where I found them because she was looking for them too!
They did not have very many - only one small display on the end orf the pasta aisle.  Much cheaper than Dominicks and I called GOrdon Food Service, and they told me they don't even carry them - I think the girl was "not all there" if you get my drift. 
I can't wait to make my pizza for dinner.
Thanks all!

Offline goosen1

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »
Your welcome ocarolina123, Keep us updated on how your pizza turned out..

Goose

Offline Rob

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 01:12:14 AM »
Italia Imports on 143rd street, just west of Wolf Rd. in Orland Park sells the 28 oz cans for $1.67 each.  I get my mozzarella and parmesan cheese from the Mancuso cheese factory at 612 Mills road on the southeast side of Joliet. A good number of the local pizza shops use their cheese.

Rob