Author Topic: hi, anyone familiar with marsalsons ovens?  (Read 2016 times)

Offline koloa

hi, anyone familiar with marsalsons ovens?
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »
i am researching now the marsalsons vesuvio MB 18 oven, but cant really find any owners online to comment. it seems to be a decent oven well constructed with fire brick interior. temperatures range from 300-650. can this oven also be used to make decent bagels and breads? or for bagels and breads, one should look into purchasing an oven with steam injection?

thanks!

Offline kstretch158

Re: hi, anyone familiar with marsalsons ovens?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
I just bought an MB-60 for my pizza restaurant. They are the best ovens that you can buy. As far as the bagels and others I can't answer your question on that.
Stromboli's Pizza

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:54:16 PM »
I second that.  I baked in a Marsal MB series and it was more even and produced faster pies than a Bakers Pride that I also used.  Amazing ovens, and you really don't need to rotate!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »
can this oven also be used to make decent bagels and breads? or for bagels and breads, one should look into purchasing an oven with steam injection?
Although I've eaten some marginally acceptable bagels that were baked with steam injection, real bagels are boiled and then baked without steam. I'm not in the business, just a home enthusiast, but, FWIW, all of the breads I bake in my WFO get a blast of steam from an electric injector. Makes a big improvement in the crust.

pizzapan