Author Topic: Pesto-riffic!  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Klankster

• Klanky.com
Pesto-riffic!
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:07:38 PM »
Tonight, continuing my weekend pizza-making orgy, I used Steve's Shakeys's style crust recipe from this topic and used some of the pesto my wife and I make, instead of tomato sauce.  I also had some leftover tomato sauce from last night so I did about a quarter of the pizza in that.  Did my usual pepperoni/mushroom/black olive toppings and three-cheese mix.

The pizza came out very well.  The crust behaved just like Steve said it would -- I got it rolled out to about 12 inches, let it sit for about 10 minutes and finished rolling it very easily out to my 16-inch pan size.  It bubbled up very nicely and browned well.  It ended up a little chewier than the DKM crust, but was very nice, especially for something so quick!  This is definitely one I'll hang on to for those last-minute pizza urges.

And if you haven't tried pesto instead of tomato-based sauce, you're missing out on something really good!

Photos below.
They call me MISTER Pizza-Boy!

Offline mr.monte

Re: Pesto-riffic!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:07:53 AM »
Yes, if you read my previous reply to you, this cross section pic of the slice is EXACTLY what Im looking for.