Author Topic: Commercial Prefabricated Ovens?  (Read 2238 times)

Offline negotiator50

Commercial Prefabricated Ovens?
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:07:17 PM »
Due to local regulations, a custom made wood oven is out of the question. Anyone have any ideas on a commercial prefabricated oven for sale that reaches heats of 1,000 degrees or higher? I have looked at the Bakers Pride Il Forno ovens but seem to not reach high enough temperatures for Neapolitan pizzas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline cd1168

Re: Commercial Prefabricated Ovens?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »
sometimes i see them on ebay for sale, search under wood oven pizza and something should pop up.

look around here you will some real ingenious ideas.

with respect Chris

Offline cd1168

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 07:36:41 PM »
for example:

cgi.ebay.com/AMBROGI-ITALIAN-WOOD-BURNING-PIZZA-OVEN-82_W0QQitemZ7526003345QQihZ014QQcategoryZ25369QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
with respect Chris

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »
When you say local regulations are you saying that you have to burn gas?  I am not sure you will get up to 1k F on natural or propane gas...
Patrick

Offline negotiator50

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 09:58:35 PM »
I meant that the manufacturer need to see UL ratings, etc... which I would not have from a custom built oven. I did stumble upon some earthstone ovens that seem to do the trick. Anyone have any experience with these cooking Neapolitan pizzas? How hot do these ovens get? Any ideas about where to buy them for a reasonable price?

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 10:09:41 PM »
I meant that the manufacturer need to see UL ratings, etc... which I would not have from a custom built oven. I did stumble upon some earthstone ovens that seem to do the trick. Anyone have any experience with these cooking Neapolitan pizzas? How hot do these ovens get? Any ideas about where to buy them for a reasonable price?

I own the Earthstone Model 90 for residential use. It is not a Neapolitan oven, but I think I can produce a reasonable facsimile of the pizzas I have enjoyed in Naples. These days, I aim for a deck temp of 900-950, but have been able to get it up over 1050F which is the limit of my IR probe. The oven is also great for baking breads, roasting meats, vegetables, etc. I can highly recommend it for residential use, but have no idea how suitable it would be in a commercial kitchen. I would consider one of the larger models if you are looking to cook more than 1 pie at a time.

Bill/SFNM

Offline negotiator50

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 01:03:51 PM »
Thanks Bill. That is of much help. Anyone have any experience with the larger commercial models, 130-PAGW and 160-PAGW, in the course of their business?

Offline gschwim

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »
Going by the photo at the top of his thread in the New York section, http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5579.0.html, toddster has been getting excellent results with a modified Deni oven, which you can get on eBay for a few dollars.  (You want the old, discontinued model.)

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 08:48:20 PM »
Negotiator50:

http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/bfs/433018994.html

They look a little rough, but it's tough to destroy these unless someone pours water on them when they are hot.  A little elbow grease and some HeatStop and you're in business.

pizzapan