Thank you so much for the amazing research and careful documentation you've shared here. Your posts are a treasure trove of helpful information. Your summary roadmap is very handy too!
I've been pretty happy with JerryMac's 1 day, but found myself wanting more robust crust flavor. So, I was intrigued with your post #175 and gave it a try yesterday. I deviated by doubling the recipe, substituting Giusto's Unbleached Ultimate Performer, risen with Goldrush sourdough rye preferment.
The high dough volume made proper mixing problematic - it took a lot of pulsing to arrive at a ball, perhaps building too much gluten prior to autolyse. Next time I will stick with your original quantities and make two batches.
After the autolyse in the (KA) food processor bowl, the dough volume/consistency was no longer pulse-able so I moved ingredients over to the KA mixer. Adding the oil eased hook kneading a bit. After pushing it down off the hook several times, I hand kneaded for a few minutes. Final dough temp was 72 deg. F.
To my surprise/delight, ten hours later the dough had nearly tripled in volume. I portioned four pieces. The first I stretched very unevenly, and had several thin areas and tears. I figured I'd just be more careful with the others and reball and try the first again later. The dough was surprisingly elastic. With a short rest at ~10" diameter, stretching it into a 13" "round" was facilitated (the advantage of round container ball storage again clearly demonstrated) .
Anticipating a very extensible dough I conclude I over-kneaded, as I found the dough somewhat difficult to handle. That notwithstanding, the finished pies, topped with drained, pulsed Muir Glen tomato, Fresh mozz, and pepperoni were quite good. Moderate spring, nice tooth too. Baked at 650 in a Villa Roma LBE.
PS by the time I finished baking the third pie the reformed ball 1 "looked" ready to cooperate - it wasn't. Rather than refire and bake a one-off later, I reluctantly rolled it, To my relief it too developed a cornice, but not as high as the hand formed. I forgot to use the rubber bands on the roller trick (to obtain an even thickness) though my eyeballing roll worked fine.
I think this recipe is a great "one-day" and the timing works much better for me than does the JerryMac. I have to admit though, the flavor developed in a 3 day fridge ferment is still more to my liking.
Thank you again! Looking forward to more of your great posts.