Author Topic: Question about Randy's 6-in1/Penzeys sauce recipe  (Read 3323 times)

Online Skootch

Question about Randy's 6-in1/Penzeys sauce recipe
« on: November 05, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »
Hello, I've learned a lot reading these forums and finally received some 6-in-1 28 oz. cans.  I also got a bag of the Penzey's pizza sauce spice mix.  Randy mentions using 2 T Classico olive oil with this spice mix, but doesn't say how much he uses for a 28 oz. can of 6-in-1's.  Could you please let me know how much you use?  Also, I like the idea of using Red November's method of using the microwave to extract the spices, but if I followed his recommendations, how or when would I add the olive oil to the sauce or could it be combined with the spices and water and then heated in the microwave before adding to the 6-in-1's?  I would prefer not to heat the sauce before topping the pizza.  Thanks.

Also, I found some flour at our local Safeway, called Stone-Buhr unbleached white bread flour that is about 14.28% protein, milled from Montana hard wheat.  I made some wonderful breadsticks with this (recipe below, from recipezaar site).  Just curious if anyone has ever used this flour for pizza?

Dough
1  cup warm water (70 to 80) 
3  tablespoons soft butter 
1 1/2  teaspoons salt 
3  cups bread flour  (I used Stone-Buhr unbleached white bread flour)
2  tablespoons sugar 
1  teaspoon italian seasoning 
1  teaspoon garlic powder 
2 1/4  teaspoons active dry yeast 
Topping
1  tablespoon melted butter 
1  tablespoon grated parmesan cheese

Place all dough ingredients in your bread machine pan according to manufacturers direction.  (I used my KA mixer instead)
Select dough setting.
When dough cycle is complete, turn out onto floured board and divide dough in half.
Cut each portion into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a 4 to 6" rope.
You can also place a piece of mozzarella cheese stick in the center of each.
Place 2" apart onto greased baking sheets.
Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes or until doubled.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Immediately brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Note: Be careful not to overbake or they will become tough.
Rudy

pizzapan