Author Topic: Re: Commercial Pizza Equipment (Split from Chicago Style Hot Dogs)  (Read 2390 times)

Offline creampuff

Scott - got a pizza ? for ya now...If you were to open a shop, and had to choose between gas fired or electric and or stone surface or metal, what would you do?  I really want gas fired and stone. But, looking for used reliable equipment to get started.  I just don't want to compromise the crust, NY style.  I will also want to do Chicago. Also, would you go for a 60qt hobart if you figured minimum of 300 pies from a Friday nite thru Sunday?  I am really going to do this...I want out of the corp world.

Any advise you can give me is very very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrea
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:23:21 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Chicago Style Hot Dogs (Split from "6 in 1 alternative")
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 10:39:42 PM »
The hobart question is easy.  I would make dough every day and get the 60qt hobart.  I would never expect one batch of dough to be at the perfect state of fermentation from fri-sun even with refrigeration. 

As far as the oven goes, definitely you definitely want a stone deck, but you can use gas or electric for a NY style.  Check out what Brian Spangler can do with his electric bakers pride oven.   I don't think you would need any more char than that.

http://www.apizzascholls.com/aboutourpizza.htm

Offline creampuff

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 11:37:14 PM »
The hobart question is easy.  I would make dough every day and get the 60qt hobart.  I would never expect one batch of dough to be at the perfect state of fermentation from fri-sun even with refrigeration. 

As far as the oven goes, definitely you definitely want a stone deck, but you can use gas or electric for a NY style.  Check out what Brian Spangler can do with his electric bakers pride oven.   I don't think you would need any more char than that.

I figured the Hobart was a no-brainer, I have always wanted a 60qt Hobart, the only thing that stinks about it, is, I have to sell my Harley :'(
Time to move on to other things...

You confirmed what I need to do for an oven, this is not where I want to cut corners. Just was not sure how much of a difference it would make, and obviously...a BIG difference.  Once again, thanks for your help.

Andrea

Offline creampuff

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:07:23 AM »

Scott - I am watching this oven on ebay # 270183063662 it is gas, but, metal shelves...would you know if it is possible to put stone on top of the metal shelves, or not a good idea?

Thanks,
Andrea

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 12:34:45 PM »
Andrea, I think you need to go with the stone deck, and not add stone to the top of a steel deck.  For the definitive answer to this question, though, you should call your local foodservice equiptment provider.   They also may have better deals on used ovens than you expect.  Good luck!

Offline creampuff

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »
Andrea, I think you need to go with the stone deck, and not add stone to the top of a steel deck.  For the definitive answer to this question, though, you should call your local foodservice equiptment provider.   They also may have better deals on used ovens than you expect.  Good luck!

Scott - Thank you for the suggestion :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:18:12 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline PizzaEquipmentGuy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Commercial Pizza Equipment (Split from Chicago Style Hot Dogs)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:57:08 PM »
<table width="120" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><tr> <td style="font-family:Arial,Tahoma,verdana,sans-serif;font-size:11px;color:#333333;border:1px #CCCCCC solid;padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px" align="center"><a href="http://www.DomesticSale.com/Classifieds/174401.html" title="Click here!" target="_blank"><b>Complete Restaurant Source</b></a><br>Anything restaurant related. If your building a new shop or just need to upgrade some of your existing equipment call BIG RALPH 704-678-8668 ...<div align="right"><a style="color:#666666;text-decoration:none;font-size:10px" href="http://www.domesticsale.com/">Domestic Classified</a></div></td></tr></table>
Expect the best. You may surprised at how often that's exactly what you'll get.