Author Topic: New Oven, New Pizza  (Read 1270 times)

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
New Oven, New Pizza
« on: November 18, 2007, 06:32:17 AM »
Here in Tokyo, space is obviously limited.  I had been using a convection oven/microwave combo and I've posted lots of photos in the past with the results.  Well, I was finally able to upgrade.  Mitsubishi recently came out with a new convection oven/microwave that goes up to 340C a lot hotter than my 250C.  This oven is also lined with stone on the bottom and sides along with a pizza stone insert that is pretty cool.  I'm posting a few results with it and pies are cooking in about 5-7 minutes.  Of course, it's going to take some time for me to be able to fully take advantage of it.  I purchased a laser thermometer so I can get an accurate reading of the stone temp.  It definitely gets hot, so much so that I had to pull it a little bit further back away from the wall just to be on the safe side. 

The dough was a 3 day old dough.  The dough balls weighed about 250g. 

The results were a more developed crust and more bottom browning.  The two pizzas represent one where the oven got close to the 320C on the stone and the other was cooler around 300.  I going to try and make sure I can get it up to around 340 the next time.  I also let the pizza that shows the mozz. breaking down stay in the oven about 40 seconds longer. 

If only I could get one of these ovens to go to 400C..

Offline eric22

• I Love Pizza!
Re: New Oven, New Pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »
nice ;)

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »
Great looking pies...leave it up to the Japanese (Mitsubishi) to make a pizza oven for the public... I wonder if you can purchase this in the states??

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
That oven sounds awesome.  Can you post some pics/info on it?  Any chance it's available in N. America?

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »
Hi Canadave,

I'll post some pictures of the oven in a day or so.  It's the hottest non-professional convection oven/microwave that I have run across.  It's pretty cool, I never thought I'd see something like this for the non-professional.

pizzapan