Author Topic: DKM thin crust with raw honey  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Kashmir

DKM thin crust with raw honey
« on: November 12, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
Hello! I am new here and have been baking for a while on my own, I have teacher certification in home economics so I hope I can get a handle on some good pizza skills. I LOVE the DKM thin, have made it 3x this week.  It is truly superb!  Question: I bought some raw honey at Whole Foods and decided to try it in place of sugar in the crust...I also used my food processor instead of the KA, b/c I suspect I was overkneading...(I also used KA Bread flour) I made a regular one as well to compare.  The crusts have risen overnight in super size cans on the counter with Gladwrap secured with a rubber band.  And they look like brains. :)

OK, my one made with the raw honey smells like a barrel of Mississippi moonshine.  :'( (tears as in stingin' my eyes and nose!)  The regular one just smells  of alcohol/yeast/etc just like my other ones.  Can I expect some good eating tonight?  Should I put that one in the fridge or leave it out?

Thanks to all...this is a great board!

Offline Jackitup

Re: DKM thin crust with raw honey
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:19:23 PM »
Have at it and post some pics, I love that yeaty/alcohol blast when ya give it a sniff. Thinking of making a crust later today for a pie tomorrow nite. Pete got me thinking with his taco pizza....
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Kashmir

Re: DKM thin crust with raw honey
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
Thanks!  I guess being new to some of these "authentic" methods, I'm still afraid of poisoning the husband!LOL
The regular recipe DKM has caught up to the honey one in potency, so I am really looking forward to rolling them out.  We are doing one just pep and 1/2 fresh/1/2 skim mozz and one BBQ chick with cilantro and red onion with smoked mozz.

I will get pics!