Author Topic: DKM thin crust with raw honey  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Kashmir

DKM thin crust with raw honey
« on: November 12, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
Hello! I am new here and have been baking for a while on my own, I have teacher certification in home economics so I hope I can get a handle on some good pizza skills. I LOVE the DKM thin, have made it 3x this week.  It is truly superb!  Question: I bought some raw honey at Whole Foods and decided to try it in place of sugar in the crust...I also used my food processor instead of the KA, b/c I suspect I was overkneading...(I also used KA Bread flour) I made a regular one as well to compare.  The crusts have risen overnight in super size cans on the counter with Gladwrap secured with a rubber band.  And they look like brains. :)

OK, my one made with the raw honey smells like a barrel of Mississippi moonshine.  :'( (tears as in stingin' my eyes and nose!)  The regular one just smells  of alcohol/yeast/etc just like my other ones.  Can I expect some good eating tonight?  Should I put that one in the fridge or leave it out?

Thanks to all...this is a great board!

Offline Jackitup

Re: DKM thin crust with raw honey
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:19:23 PM »
Have at it and post some pics, I love that yeaty/alcohol blast when ya give it a sniff. Thinking of making a crust later today for a pie tomorrow nite. Pete got me thinking with his taco pizza....
Jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline Kashmir

Re: DKM thin crust with raw honey
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
Thanks!  I guess being new to some of these "authentic" methods, I'm still afraid of poisoning the husband!LOL
The regular recipe DKM has caught up to the honey one in potency, so I am really looking forward to rolling them out.  We are doing one just pep and 1/2 fresh/1/2 skim mozz and one BBQ chick with cilantro and red onion with smoked mozz.

I will get pics!

pizzapan