Author Topic: Source for Caputo Pizza Flour in the San Francisco area  (Read 10322 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Re: Source for Caputo Pizza Flour in the San Francisco area
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
Scott,

Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, a WFO is currently out of my reach so I resorted to building an LBE, which works fine and does get very hot. Plus the Weber grill sports a low dome. It's still not the same as a WFO, I know, but better than nothing and definitely safer than messing around with my home oven, like I did before.

I have currently a dough in the fridge for a cold-rise, which is 1/3 "00" Pizzeria and 2/3 KA BF. We'll see how that works out.

Mike
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Bobby Martino

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 07:12:08 PM »
I think Fornobravo.com sells Caputo flours.  If you cannot find it elsewhere I would be happy to order it from Italfoods.  I drive to Ital for will call pick up once a month, from Twain Harte in the foothills.  I could either meet you at Ital when I pick up to give you your bags or ship some as I buy the 25kg bags it is a little costly or if you vacation in the foothills you could swing by and purchase some but please call first as I would want to be sure I have enough on hand for you. 

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »
I think Fornobravo.com sells Caputo flours. 

Bobby,

To the best of my knowledge, Forno Bravo sells only the Caputo Extra Blu 00 flour, not the Caputo Pizzeria 00 flour.

Peter

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »
Bobby,

To the best of my knowledge, Forno Bravo sells only the Caputo Extra Blu 00 flour, not the Caputo Pizzeria 00 flour.

Peter

Peter,

I believe they sell the pizza flour in the 55lb bags. The smaller bags are the Extra Blu. However Chefs Warehouse has them beat on total cost including shipping to my location.

PNW

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 09:13:53 PM »
PNW,

I should have done a better job in my last post. You are correct. Forno Bravo is now selling the 55-lb. bags of the Caputo Pizzeria 00 flour: http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Caputo-Flour-55-p-16134.html. Thanks for correcting me.

Peter

pizzapan