Author Topic: Da Michele in Naples  (Read 2388 times)

Offline vitoduke

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Da Michele in Naples
« on: November 16, 2007, 08:24:07 AM »
My wife and I just returned from Italy and ate at De Michele in Naples.We got there about 11:00 AM and were the only customers. We ordered 2 Margarita's 1 beer and a bottle of water. The bill came to 14.5 euros.  After about a half hour, they started to get busy. A pie was coming out of the oven every 55 seconds. They do it with such ease, incredible to watch. This was the first time I have enjoyed a pie other than NY style. It was done to perfection. I think it's amazing that they keep the price of the pie  so low. If we were charged 15 euros per pie, it would have been more than worth it. Now I know what all of you Neapolitan pie makers are shooting for. We are going to get some Caputo flour and give it a shot in our wood burning oven. We also ate at a great restaurant in Sorrento. Emilia's in the Marina Grande. The best linguine with clams we've ever had. The second time we were there, I asked the owner about how she made it, and she explained the recipe to us. She then let us go into the kitchen to watch it being made. We ate there 3 times and when we left, she gave us both a big hug. This was our second year in a row in Italy, The people and the history are just fantastic. Sorry if I'm a little off topic-- 2 weeks of great food.---Mel

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Da Michele in Naples
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »
Can you in good conscience share the linguine and clam sauce recipe?

pizzapan