Author Topic: Florida Cash and Carry  (Read 2648 times)

Offline les_garten

Florida Cash and Carry
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:33:01 PM »
Hello,
    I've been lurking here for a couple of Months, reading vociferously.  Awesome forum here folks!!  I bout one of the Fibremat stomes, a Superpeel, a metal peel some Pizza screens, etc, etc.  I wonder what my Mom is going to say when I tell her I want a Stand Mixer for Xmas!  I ordered some Grande Whole Milk Mozz, Provolone, Grana Padrano, Caputo 00 Pizzaria, Ezzo Pepperoni, and some #10 Cans of Sauce and Tomatoes from PennMac.  My Pizza's have progressed greatly from Using Chef Boyardee Pizza kits and Publix Cheese to the premium stuff here.  Incredibly, ordering thru the mail was a whole lot cheaper than buying the stuff at Publix. 

I'm 50 years old and live in West Palm Beach.  I am currently in the process of relocating to Northwest FL. 

So, here's my question:

I'm looking for Cash and Carry resources for Cheese, and Flour, etc in the West Palm area as well as the Panhandle area from Pensacola to Panama City.  It would be nice to just go down and pick it up and avoid the shipping costs.  I asked a few KSAL distributers and they only sell to Bakeries.  If anyone knows of Cash and Carry resources in these areas it would be greatly appreciated!!

And thank you Ladies and Gentleman here!!  I no longer have to Eat Domino's, Pappa John, and Pizza Hut!!

Les
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:51:08 PM by les_garten »
---Les Garten--- Leave the gun, take the cannoli -- Fat Clemenza

A Pizza with radius z and thickness a has volume Pi*z*z*a

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
Re: Florida Cash and Carry
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:32:12 PM »
Have you tried calling the distributors on King Arthur's website?

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/professional/where.html
Patrick

Offline les_garten

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
Have you tried calling the distributors on King Arthur's website?

Hi,
   I've called a number of them and they will not ship to anyone but Bakeries.

Les

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »
Les,

Sometimes a foodservice company will give you the names of some of its customers in your area for the product you are looking for. You can then try visiting or calling the customers directly and see if they will sell you the product or order it for you when they re-order.

Peter

Offline les_garten

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:08:49 PM »
Les,

Sometimes a foodservice company will give you the names of some of its customers in your area for the product you are looking for. You can then try visiting or calling the customers directly and see if they will sell you the product or order it for you when they re-order.

Peter

Hi Pete,
   King Arthur gave me some,  but none of them panned out.  I think I've got the dough situation figured out.  That is, I'm going to use KABF or All Trumps possibly.  It would be nice to find cheeses, Pepperoni, etc a little cheaper.  Pennmac even after the shipping works out ok, compared to retailers.  It wold be nice if I could do a cash and carry though.  With the price of Gas and the Fact I drive a 14 mpg LandCruiser, I need to find something kinda close.  At $3-$4 per Gallon of Gas, shipping looks cheap!  I just though someone in these areas might have some contacts.  Additionally, you can tell that the distributers that will sell Mail order, kinda see you as a PITA, compared to a Bakery or Deli.  King Arthur will sell you a 3# Bad or a Pallet, they won't sell you a 50# bag.  I guess I'm at that awkward weight!!  I really don't want to Pay $35-$50 shipping for a $18 product if I can find another way.  I've been using the 10# of Caputo 00 I bought from Pennmac, but it will be gone in another week or so.

Thanx!
Les

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 06:29:40 PM »
None will ship... what about cash and carry or are they not close enough to drive to pick up?

Patrick

Offline les_garten

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 07:46:45 PM »
None will ship... what about cash and carry or are they not close enough to drive to pick up?

The one's I've called won't do cash and carry either.  I'm really asking if someone in these areas has a resource.  I've done the phone calls and web searches already to no avail.

Les

pizzapan