Author Topic: Latest Dough Recipe, By Request :)  (Read 63161 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Latest Dough Recipe, By Request :)
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2012, 07:27:19 PM »
follow the recipe and as in reply #148 above.....that is what you'll get.....that was cooked on a stone as per the instructions.

Bob
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:29:59 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline MaximusTG

« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »
Decided to try this dough for a change, normally I use a cold-fermented dough. Dough was great to work with, very airy.
Baked at 250 C on a preheated 3 cm thick chamotte clay stone. Switched to broiler (electric oven) on launching the pies. Topped with tomato sauce, salami, mushrooms, bell pepper, basil and shredded mozzarella.
Looked great! Taste was a bit less then my normal pizza's. Was a bit too chewy. But perhaps it had to bake longer and could have baked longer without the broiler on.

Offline slybarman

• Supporting Member
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2012, 08:14:38 PM »

2) I cooked the pizza @ 545 on a lodge logic cast iron pizza pan that pre-heated in the oven. The pan was on the bottom rack. The top of the pizza got done before the crust was done enough. The crust would have been just right with about 3 more minutes, but the cheese would have burned. So, can I pre-bake the crust for a few minutes and then top the pizza, or is that a no-no?

Thanks in advance.

I tried again with a considerably longer pre-heat time. Results were much improved as top and bottom were done at nearly the same time.

Offline Lester7009

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2012, 07:37:58 AM »
Knead at medium speed for about 5 minutes. Dough should freely drop off
dough hook. (almost run)

I use a Kitchen Aid with dough hook. when mixing on # 5 speed it takes about 2 minutes and bottom is slick clean. Should I just keep on # 2 speed . I never could keep mixing for 5 minutes because dough would release from sides in about 3 minutes. Please let me know. Kitchen Aid has speed from 1 to 10
again medium for me is 5.

Thanks

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »
Tried this one out as a same-day effort (never know when the urge for a white margherita will hit).

I thought I had followed the instructions, and then discovered that I forgot to add the yeast in the second step. I just about threw the dough out, but decided to resign myself to a really uninspired crust. To my amazement, the crust was fantastic, with a nice oven spring (stone in electric oven at 515). My wife and son, who normally both give their outer crust to me to eat (which I happily do) were completely wowed by it and were trying to steal the other's crust! Both said it was the best pizza I had ever made (which may not be saying much), and my son said it was almost as good as the white margherita at Marco Pizza (our favorite place in Branford, CT) which is really high praise.

I don't know if it made a difference, but I used the pulse technique in my food processor to mix it (saving for a Bosch Compact mixer).

I'm almost afraid to use the right amount of yeast the next time  :pizza:
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline SnuffGear

• SnuffGear.com
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
Hello. Do I need to make any changes to the recipe if I only have KA High Gluten flour?

Thanks
Tom

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
I would not let that keep me from trying this great pizza. Jerry mac uses bread flour so you are not that far off....experiment! :)

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
I saw this thread mentioned recently and remembered I wanted to give it a try. Turned out great. Nice chew and flavor. Has anyone tried this at at temperature above 550? I have an oven that will do 650 and want to know if a higher temp is desireable.
Edit. Flunked resizing again. Hope these pictures are bigger. Thanks Jerrymac.
Marty
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:21:16 AM by apizza »

Offline Lester7009

« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »
 Ok Finally got it. Followed recipe to the Tee baked at 550 for 7 minutes Perfect crust slightly browned cheese, Perfect Pie

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »
Ok Finally got it. Followed recipe to the Tee baked at 550 for 7 minutes Perfect crust slightly browned cheese, Perfect Pie
No pics Lester? Sounds like it was a great pie....I think Jerry's recipe is awesome.
Bob

Offline Lester7009

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/lester7009/IMG_0086_zpsd2aae9af.jpg
Made one pie as per recipe  that evening another Had one pie dough left over placed in Fridgerator for 24 hours next day could not tell that much difference if any. Great Pie. Used Distilled water. Works for me
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:38:01 PM by Lester7009 »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/lester7009/IMG_0086_zpsd2aae9af.jpg
Made one pie as recipe  that evening another in Fridgerator for 24 hours next day could not tell that much difference if any
And still no pic man...... ???

;D    Bob

Offline JerryMac

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2013, 04:51:49 PM »
Hey Guys,

Man, I am sooo glad to see people are still tryin and enjoyin my dough after 6 years ;)  Can't belive it's been that long :) Yea, I,m still usin the same "recipe", haven't changed it and still workin great for me!!

Great lookin pies everybody :)

Mangia Bene
Jerry

Offline Lester7009

Offline gfgman

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »
Thanks for the recipe.  Definitely going to try this week, combining the poolish part of the recipe with my recipe and see what I get. 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
Jerry,

I just wanted to let you know if you visit the forum again I finally got to try your dough.  I tried it in the Blackstone unit.  The other photos are on my Blackstone thread.

The pizza was very tasty.  Thanks!  ;)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2013, 08:42:26 PM »
that is a great looking pizza Norma!  You should bring that unit down to your shop and see what happens.  can you turn out pies fast enough in it to make it practical?  I know nothing about them.  Walter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
that is a great looking pizza Norma!  You should bring that unit down to your shop and see what happens.  can you turn out pies fast enough in it to make it practical?  I know nothing about them.  Walter

Water,

Thanks!  I have been meaning to try out JerryMack's dough for a long while and really liked it.

The pies can be turned out fast enough to make it practical in the BS, but it would be hard to reheat slices and make pies at the same time.  I found that out when I tried it at market.

The photos of the NY style pizzas I made at the Car, Truck and Cycle Event at market are at Reply 198 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,26483.msg279105.html#msg279105  and the next few posts. 

I can't believe you have not heard of the Blackstone unit.  :o  The regular Blackstone thread has loads of photos of pizzas.  I think you should get a BS to try out.  >:D  That thing can sure outdo my home oven or deck oven.

Norma

Online waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
Norma:  those pies sure look good too!  I have heard of the blackstone but haven't looked into them.  A guy was selling 2 new ones on craigslist here a while back.  My deck ovens are killer for what I am doing.  Over the summer I may need to look into one of the blackstone ovens.   Walter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2013, 09:40:48 PM »
Water,

I know the deck ovens you have are killer for what you are doing.  I can only wish I could try them.

Norma

pizzapan