Author Topic: ARUGULA  (Read 2096 times)

Offline artigiano

ARUGULA
« on: November 29, 2007, 06:06:09 PM »
Want to know an opinion for making pizza with arugula.  In a brick oven is it better to put in the arugula with Parmegiano Reggiano (Italian parmesan cheese).  What would the preferred way to be?  Before oven or add at end with shaved parmesan cheese added at end?  900F oven.

thanks so much for input, I will try this weekend but would love to know comments first.

Offline Y-TOWN

Re: ARUGULA
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:34:59 PM »
Want to know an opinion for making pizza with arugula.  In a brick oven is it better to put in the arugula with Parmegiano Reggiano (Italian parmesan cheese).  What would the preferred way to be?  Before oven or add at end with shaved parmesan cheese added at end?  900F oven.

thanks so much for input, I will try this weekend but would love to know comments first.

at the end - as my old Italian friend tells me, "the oven steals the flavor of the cheese"

Offline shango

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 09:50:24 PM »
parmesan, garlic, olive oil and salt on before the bake, arugula salt and olive oil after the bake.

- 8)

dried hot pepper.
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline PizzaBrasil

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 03:58:34 AM »
Artigiano:

A combination of flavours that rocks here (specially loved by womens) is ny style dough topped with sauce, buffala muzz, and dried tomatoes. Baked and covered with arugula and good EVOO.
Give a try.

Luis

pizzapan