Author Topic: bonta pizza sauce and pizzaiolo sauce  (Read 2253 times)

Offline cougarblue

bonta pizza sauce and pizzaiolo sauce
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:17:56 PM »
Whats the scoop on the bonta and pizzaiolo sauces. Do they stand well on their own or do they need to be doctored?  Do many use them commercially?

Offline Bryan S

Re: bonta pizza sauce and pizzaiolo sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:56:43 PM »
I have both of them to try out but haven't opened them up yet, curious myself. I just opened a can of the Full Red and that stuff was fantastic straight from the can. Sorry,  I'm no help to you.  :-[
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline tonyp0387

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »
The Pizzaiolo sauce is a prepared sauce that you just take right out of the can and place on the pizza it is not very good  and must commercial pizzeria's do not use it, well at least where i live in the east coast,and this came directly from the Stanislaus sales rep. that i had at my house, they only use that sauce in the middle of the country if i called any of the big distributors in the Tri. State.. Roma, Ferraro, Anacapri,Di Carlo etc. I would doubt they even stock it. Stick with the Bonta and mix it with some 6in1. I would go three or four cans of crushed for every can of Bonta, and add your own spices it would definitely taste better then the pizzaiolo straight out of the can. I really don't like the bonta either through when you open up a can it looks way too dark almost brown, Full Red is a little better in my opinion at least color wise. But both of these sauces are very sweet if thats what you are looking for.

Offline les_garten

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »
Whats the scoop on the bonta and pizzaiolo sauces. Do they stand well on their own or do they need to be doctored?  Do many use them commercially?

Hi,
   I'm new here.  My Pizza making activities are recent, like the past 3 months.  I' ve been reading as much as possible on this board, and it is awesome!  I have only ate one piece of NY street Pizza in my life, I liked it though.  I have eaten "Pizza" in Northern Italy in the '70s when I was a teenager.  Terribly unimpressed.

That being said, most of my Pizza experience is from Higher end Pizza joints where ever I might be living at the time.  I won't eat Pizzahut, Dominos, PappaJohn, etc.  I would just rather do without.

I have a can of Bonta and a can of the Pizzaiolo sauce.  I have just about finished the Pizzaiolo can.  I thought it was pretty good actually all by itself.  I usually prepare it like this:

Slather on some sauce, Then fresh grated Grana Padano, then salt, then pepper, then freshly minced garlic, Fresh Basil leaves, Fresh Oregano, fresh sage leaves. Then lay on the Mozz and the rest.

I am getting ready to do the Bonta next to see what it tastes like.  I'm not near the Great Pizzaria's so don't have anything to compare to.  I'd be curious to hear how you like the Pizzaiolo?

Les
---Les Garten--- Leave the gun, take the cannoli -- Fat Clemenza

A Pizza with radius z and thickness a has volume Pi*z*z*a