Author Topic: "four professionals"  (Read 2670 times)

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
"four professionals"
« on: December 06, 2007, 09:15:06 AM »
Hi all,

How do you make the perfect Margherita pizza at home? Four local chefs share their secrets.

In these videos, Jonathan Goldsmith at Spacca Napoli, Phaedre Divres at Gruppo di Amici, Chris Karl at Crust and J. Spillane at Coal Fire take us inside their kitchens and school us on how to make a Margherita pizza at home.

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/static_content/video-gallery/pizza/index.php
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 09:19:56 AM by 2stone »
2Stone blog: www.2stoneblog.com

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: "four professionals"
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »
For those who are interested, the method that Jonathan Goldsmith uses to make the dough is shown and described at the Woodstone website at http://www.woodstone-corp.com/cooking_naples_style_dough.htm. The red bag of flour shown in one of the photos is the Caputo Red 00. The photos can be enlarged by clicking on them. I frequently use the "punch and fold" method, even with a single dough ball. I do it mostly for fun because there is not much dough to work with and it only takes about 30 seconds to a minute to get the dough ready to go into its container.

Peter

Offline BenLee

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »
nice videos.  I disagreed with the woman about sauce.  I find you can almost any variety of tomato to make a great sauce.  The key is in how ripe they are.  Super ripe tomatoes = good tasting sauce.  She also said she slow cooks the sauce.  Again, I've just taken ripe tomatoes and deseeded them, ground them up, added salt.  It has resulted in some of the best sauces I've ever had. 

Offline humpty99

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 03:52:55 PM »
Has the camera man ever filmed an informational video before?  I don't really need to see the people talking.  How about panning down a little so we can actually see what they are doing before they are done?

Offline Amir

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 10:11:27 PM »
Has the camera man ever filmed an informational video before?  I don't really need to see the people talking.  How about panning down a little so we can actually see what they are doing before they are done?

Agree, pretty poorly done from that point of view.  Still, it was rather informative....

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
There was one shot in particular that I was wanting to see the pizza he was making and
the camera kept panning up to his face, but overall I was impressed that she was able
to get that much candid information out of a normally "tight lipped bunch" of people.

willard 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:48:07 PM by 2stone »
2Stone blog: www.2stoneblog.com

pizzapan