Author Topic: Patsy's Comes to Town  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Patsy's Comes to Town
« on: December 10, 2007, 01:01:28 PM »
Patsy's of New York Pizzeria just opened here in Santa Fe. I wonder what its relationship is to the others. I'll wait a few weeks for them to get up to speed before giving it a try. I heard second-hand that dough and sauce is flown in from NYC.

This was a great pizza town when Chris Bianco was here before moving on to Phoenix due to allergies  :(. There are plenty of pizzerias, even a so-called Neapolitan one, but they all are just dreadful. Maybe things are looking up?

I'll report back.

Bill/SFNM 

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
Re: Patsy's Comes to Town
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »
Flying in the dough from NYC seems silly since we all know we are all capable of making amazing pizza especially given a great high temperature oven :)   Please do keep us updated.
Patrick

Offline Desertdog

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »

Got to be the same Patsy Grimaldi's that has opened here in PHX.  The Stern's of Roadfood fame gave it higher marks than the original in NYC!

By the way, thanks for Bianco, he has made a nice addition to the culinary community.  He's consistantly voted as having the best pizza in town, hard to argue.......although I still believe it has something to do with the two hour wait one must endure to eat there.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 06:28:36 PM »
I was in the neighborhood so I stopped by to see what was going on. It was closed at lunch time with a sign on the door that explained that unanticipated demand and problems getting supplies shipped in from NYC limited them to be open only for a few hours in the early evening. They are right next to a big, new 14-theater movie complex, so those hours make sense. Running out of dough doesn't make sense. For their sake, that better not last long. Shipping in frozen dough balls makes some sense in that the high-altitude here might force them to reformulate their dough.

Here is a link to their menu: http://www.ilovepatsyspizza.com/

I like that you can get slices. $2 per mile for delivery! I live about 10 miles away so I don't think I'll be getting any delivered, even if the pies are as good as the Stern's claim.

Don't you love the "Sons of Italy" logo? 

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »
Hmm. They say that they will deliver anywhere for $2 a mile. The distance between Santa Fe and the Dallas area is around 715 miles. So, for a $2 slice, that would come to about $1432. But that wouldn't be too smart. Maybe I should order a full-size pizza.

Peter

Offline Desertdog

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »

Now I wonder if this is owned by the same people or not.

Here is the link to the one(s) in Scottsdale.  NM Patsy makes no claim on the website about being associated with Grimaldi's.

patsygrimaldis.com

But I wonder if they are trying to psudo-associate themselves with Patsy Grimaldi?  They may end up having to change the name, if so.  Anyway, lloking forward to your report of the place once you get in!