Author Topic: How to make???  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
How to make???
« on: October 17, 2004, 04:11:28 PM »
I would like to know how, Or point me to the thread on how to make a pizza with a crust like say dominos/marcos,,,,Etc.

Like 500% generic... Like the kind that gets like plywood when you "try" to eat the leftovers two days later.  ;D

So far,, I can't figure it out. :-[
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re:How to make???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 04:12:43 AM »
this is a serious question. ::) :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 10:29:09 AM »
Oh, and another thing. ???

How do you get a deep dish pizza out of the pan???

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 01:42:05 PM »
I have always been able to get my deep dish out of the pan with a spatula or two and just slide it onto the cutting board.

This is providing you have oiled the pan sides well enough to avoid sticking. :)
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

bryan

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 11:29:47 PM »
500% generic pizza, eh.  Follow the recipes on this site for  "New York style pizza" and bake on a screen.  I usually add a little sugar to my dough and proof in the refrigerator for two to three days.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 06:16:04 AM »
Yeah It looks like I'll have to get/buy a screen.
 Because now that you mention it,,, The pizza I get from around the corner has screen marks on it.

So far I have stuck with pan pizza's.

Here is a picture of the pizza/crust I want to replicate.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 09:27:16 AM »
Trinity here is my version.

Randy

16 oz High Gluten Flour (Hard Red Spring Wheat)

9.6  oz Water by weight(warm 120deg.  F)

2 TBS  raw sugar

2 TBS Honey

1 Tablespoon  Crisco

2  Teaspoon Salt

1 package SAF Perfect Rise or Gourmet yeast

Mix flour and salt.  Put yeast and half the flour in the mixer.  Mix the sugar and honey into the hot water.  Pour mixture into bowl and place mixer on stir for about 2 minutes.  Stop mixer. Add Crisco and the rest of the flour, then set mixer to knead.  Knead for 10-15 minutes.  If the dough is sticking to the bottom of the bowl add a tablespoon of flour or more until the dough barley releases from the bottom of the bowl.  You may need to add water.  Finish knead on a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball  Place in the refrigerator in a lightly sealed container coated with olive oil.for overnight up to three days.

Remove 3  hours before cooking
Remove from the fridge and divide dough in half on a slightly wet marble or counter 3 hours before panning.  Work each piece of dough into balls with wet hands.  

If using screens Preheat oven to 500 deg F  Mix together 50-50 mixture of Semolina and flour or flour and cornmeal.  Liberally coat the dough ball and marble with the mixture. Shape and place on pizza screen and add what you want. Cook for 6-8 minutes on lowest rack in oven and WITHOUT a pizza stone.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 09:45:52 AM »

I use a deep dish pan with a removable bottom. The pizza pops right out. There's a thread about this type of pan on the forum.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 09:52:37 AM »
Hmmm. ::)

What does the honey do for the crust?

Looks like I now need a very large peil and screen...

:)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 09:54:24 AM »

I use a deep dish pan with a removable bottom. The pizza pops right out. There's a thread about this type of pan on the forum.

Yeah!

I knew it had to be something like that!!!

A picture please... :)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 10:10:23 AM »

Yeah!

I knew it had to be something like that!!!

A picture please... :)

http://www.pizzamaking.com/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=67
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 10:10:43 AM by Steve »
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 01:06:51 PM »
The recipe that Randy posted is really good so invest in a screen.  I just use a spatula to my pan pizzas out of a well oiled pan.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

pizzapan