Author Topic: Cutting tiles and multiple pizzas...  (Read 916 times)

Offline Gus

Cutting tiles and multiple pizzas...
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »
Hey all -

I'm new to the forum, and new to pizza making...
By suggestion of this board I've been using quarry tiles in my oven, and I was wondering if anyone has cut these tiles to fit.  The tiles are 6x6, and I can only fit two tiles deep.  If I want to place a third on the rack, I will need to cut a tile.  However I was curious if any dust from cutting or anything like that could be harmful when cooked upon.

Second, it seems as though most users here only put one pie in at a time (home electric oven, two racks).  Has anyone used both racks at once to cook two pies simultaneously?  I'd assume that the heat would likely be different on both racks, but has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks! :)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Cutting tiles and multiple pizzas...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
Gus,

There should be no problem cutting tiles so that they fit better in your oven. It has been done many times before.

Some members have been able to bake more than one pizza at a time, although most do not do that.

This thread touches on both subjects: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,4007.msg33470.html#msg33470.

Peter

Offline Gus

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply pete!

I'm assuming a wet saw would be the tool of choice for cuttin these bad boys...a good ole' score and snap probably won't do it.  Thoughts?

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 07:13:03 PM »
Gus,

You may have figured this out already but you must use a wet saw to cut this type of tile.
I've had it done at Lowe's for free. I think Home Depot will cut them as well.

Michael
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline Gus

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »
I actually successfully scored and snapped my way to 5 half tiles.  Easier than taking it to home depot, cause I already had the tool.  Cracked a couple halves, but it worked out in the end. 

pizzapan