Author Topic: PIZZAPAPLIS RECIPE  (Read 4318 times)

Offline ninjaturtle

PIZZAPAPLIS RECIPE
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:45:41 AM »
I love PizzaPapalis Pizza!  :pizza: I have tasted Chicago Style Pizza in Chicago, but there was just something different about that PizzaPapalis.  Now I am not a gourmet chef  :'( like the people seem to be on this website.  :chef: So I need help. 

If any of the gourmet pizza-making geniuses (because I am truly impressed)::) around can offer me a recipe approximation or a modification to a recipe that could help me make a PizzaPapalis Pizza at home, I would greatly appreciate it!!

PIZZA ROCKS!!  I WANT TO BE LIKE Y'ALL WHEN I GROW UP!! ::)

Offline goosen1

• What can Brown do for you??
Re: PIZZAPAPLIS RECIPE
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:58:48 AM »
I have not tasted their pizza at all... Is it a stuffed pizza?? How does the sauce taste?? Is is just a tomato flavor? Or does it have spices in with it?? Give us a brief description on how it tastes. I checked out their website and I would love to try a slice!!! http://www.pizzapapalis.com/

Goose
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »
How does the sauce taste?? Is is just a tomato flavor?

Goose,

According to the Pizza Paplis website, their tomatoes come from Italy’s Agro Nocerine Sarnese region. That is San Marzano territory. Using tomatoes from that area is apparently a differentiator. I once made a deep dish pizza with San Marzanos (DOP), and it was very good.

Peter

Offline Fullback66

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
Has anyone figured out the recipe to make a nice Pizza Papalis sauce?

I love the sauce and would like to figure out how they make it.

fb66