Author Topic: Tonights pizza with Recipe.  (Read 11489 times)

Offline pizzaisgood

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Tonights pizza with Recipe.
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »

I am reading alot about baking the pizza, I like your recipes of the dough and the sauce, what can i expect with an oven that will only go to 500 deg.

Chet

Chet I think that 500 Degrees will be fine. Just let your oven heat up for about an hour before baking. The pizza should turn out fine.

Adam

Offline GrilledPizzaLover

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 01:10:15 AM »
Thanks for the dough recipe! I used it tonight, and it made the best pizzas I've made in over 15 years! BTW- I baked them in a 500 degree (F) oven, and they turned out fine. I didn't time them, I just watched them through the glass oven door. I'd guess they took about 7-9 minutes, give or take a little. For Chet, who asked about using a 500 degree oven- if using a stone, quarry tiles, etc, be sure to place them in the oven before turning it on, so that they will pre-heat along with the oven. When I slid the pizzas off of the peel onto the stones, they sizzled from the heat of the stones.   
A "bad" homemade pizza is better than any "good" chain pizza!

Offline pizzaisgood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 01:21:46 AM »
Thanks for the dough recipe! I used it tonight, and it made the best pizzas I've made in over 15 years! BTW- I baked them in a 500 degree (F) oven, and they turned out fine. I didn't time them, I just watched them through the glass oven door. I'd guess they took about 7-9 minutes, give or take a little. For Chet, who asked about using a 500 degree oven- if using a stone, quarry tiles, etc, be sure to place them in the oven before turning it on, so that they will pre-heat along with the oven. When I slid the pizzas off of the peel onto the stones, they sizzled from the heat of the stones.   

Great! I'm glad you liked it. I have been working on this recipe for awhile now. It really is good, My family and friends all love it. Did you use raw honey or regular?

Offline GrilledPizzaLover

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 01:51:54 AM »
I used what I had on hand, which was cheap-o regular Wal-Mart honey. I'd love to try your recipe again using raw white honey. I've never heard of or seen it before. Where can I find it?

Thanks again!
A "bad" homemade pizza is better than any "good" chain pizza!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »
GrilledPizzaLover,

You might first check with a local health food store or high-end supermarket, like a Whole Foods, to see if they have a Hawaiian white honey, organic or not. If not, there are many places online that sell such a product. If you Google Hawaiian white honey, you will find many potential sources.

Peter

Offline Fullback66

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »
My sauce recipe

1) 28 oz can 6in1 ground tomatoes in heavy puree
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp sugar

Place all ingredients in a large mason jar. Close and shake vigorously!

This sauce is great. Kids like it way better than my other batch. I really liked it too.
thanks
fb66
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:34:27 AM by Fullback66 »

Offline pizzaisgood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:08 PM »
This sause is great. Kids like it way better than my other batch.
thanks
fb66

Thank you, I'm glad you and your kids liked it.

Offline Marquis de Mozzarella

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »
I tried this recipe last night and it turned out great.  I made one change, adding 1tbs of olive oil because I like the flavor and color it adds.  This is a great recipe since it is light and a little chewy, and you can get a crisp but not too crunchy, not too bready crust on it.

I got a picture of the dough balls.  Sorry batteries were dead when it came time to top the pizzas and I couldn't find any fresh ones.

Offline pizzaisgood

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »
I'm glad  you liked it. It took me quite awhile to get the recipe right. I have added oil to the recipe before as well. It works out pretty good.

Offline Happy Destiny

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
could you comment on substituting IDY for ADY?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 08:47:14 AM »
could you comment on substituting IDY for ADY?

Happy Destiny,

The recipe in the opening post in this thread calls for 1 teaspoon of ADY. That comes to about 0.67%. To convert that to IDY, you would use about 25% less by weight. That changes the baker's percent to 0.503% for the IDY. In your case, you might want to use the yeast conversion table at http://www.theartisan.net/convert_yeast_two.htm. My conversion factors are a bit different than what the table uses but the amounts shown in the table should work quite well for your purposes. As you can see from the table, one teaspoon of ADY converts to 0.80 teaspoon IDY.

Peter

pizzapan