Author Topic: Help! Can't find any info on repairing our oven  (Read 1575 times)

Offline KingofPizzaEP

Help! Can't find any info on repairing our oven
« on: January 17, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
We finally took the plunge to open a pizzaria in the Texas border area, and are having severe technical difficulties with this oven we picked up at auction.  As far as I can tell, it is from a chinese manufacturer, the only model number or manufacturing info I can find on the oven is: HXR-2 Gas Infrared Pizza Oven on the oven itself, and the name Kansai on the variable speed controller for the conveyor.   Heres the problem, the speed controller is broken, the conveyor runs at one speed only which is front to back in under 55 seconds, it should slow it all the way down to 8-12 minutes.  the oven plugs into a 220V outlet, the motor is a 10V ac single phase brushless motor.  Is anyone familiar with this oven, know where I can find schematics, know where I can find parts, or know anyone in the El Paso TX area that can repair this motor controller, we've had zero luck with the local commercial heating and refrigeration folks around here, none are familiar with this oven.  I was able to find a picture of it by googling HXR-2 Gas Pizza Oven,
but it's on a strange import export site with no manufacturers info.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Help! Can't find any info on repairing our oven
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:56:46 PM »
You may want to register and post your questions at the PMQ Think Tank, at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6, where professionals with all kinds of ovens discuss such matters.

Peter

Offline Engineered Ceramics

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:25:17 PM »
You may be better off adding a stand alone speed control.

The problem is most AC Drives (Speed controls) are for 3 phase motors.

There is a company offering a speed control for single phase motors, but they aren't cheap.

It will run you $365 for one that will handle up to a 1/2 HP.

http://www.anaconsystems.com/text/opti_1.html

OD1-12050-USA

If you can find a cheap 3 phase motor that fits your conveyor, you can use a:

GS1 AC micro drive, 0.5 hp, 230V, single/three-phase input, three-phase output

It will run you $110

http://web2.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/AC_Drives/GS1_(120_-z-_230_VAC_V-z-Hz_Control)/GS1_Drive_Units_(120_-z-_230_VAC)/GS1-20P5

To be safe and legal either drive must be mounted in an enclosure, which will probably run $100.

Offline Engineered Ceramics

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:36:49 PM »
You might be better off finding a industrial motors company in the area.  They should be able to get something to fit.

Here's some to start with.

Offline Amir

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 11:51:34 PM »
The other option is to go to a local stereo repair shop and see if their technician is willing to take a look at the controller.  Seems like the output stage is shorted out and if it uses discreet components, he should be able to source it easily.  Seems like a low power motor if it only has 10 volt input, making the controller easier and safer to work on...

Kansai, by the way, is a Japanese name although I could not find any company making such motors in my quick search on the net.

pizzapan