Author Topic: Food processor  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Jimmy

Food processor
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »
I知 long over due on buying a food processor. My need for one to save time has grown and I知 ready to buy. So what do you think about yours and which way should I go? I致e been looking at this one:

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?T1=KTA+KPFP850PM&HDR=proline

but I知 not sure. So any feedback would be great.

Thanks,
Jim
ABSOLUTE PIZZA FREAK

Offline Bryan S

Re: Food processor
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »
I知 long over due on buying a food processor. My need for one to save time has grown and I知 ready to buy. So what do you think about yours and which way should I go? I致e been looking at this one:

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?T1=KTA+KPFP850PM&HDR=proline

but I知 not sure. So any feedback would be great.

Thanks,
Jim

I have a old Braun that my Mom bought for me many years ago, 15+ and really like it. That Pro Line KA looks awsome. I love my KA Pro 600 stand mixer.
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:31:01 PM »
Check out Amazon. I just got the 12 cup KA for about 150. Love it. Tried the comparable Cuisimart and took it back. KA is way better and well rated by Consumer Reports and Americas Test Kitchen.
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »
I have a 14-year old Cusinart 14-cup food processor that I've expected to break-down for a while, but it just keeps taking whatever I throw at it. Lately I've been using it for small batches (500g flour) and it has been turning out spectacular doughs - some better than my fork mixer. Here is a pie we just had for lunch today using the Cuisinart:

(Today was clean out the cheese box day. The yellow cheese is some cheddar I had put in the cold smoker for a while - killer for grilled-cheese sandwiches - not so much for pizza. Never again)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:08:31 PM by Bill/SFNM »

Offline Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:09:32 PM »
  Jackitup I too love amozon.com. I致e bought many things from them. I think I値l probably go with the KA. I値l order it Monday and let you know how it is. From your avatar you appear to be hunter, as I am also, as soon as I figure out how to scan my photos from my trip to Africa (didn稚 have a digital camera at the time) I値l post a couple. By the way nice buck!

Guys, a 14 & 15 year old food processor!  :o That痴 out of control; you sure got your monies worth out of that one.  

BILL/SFNM I agree completely on the cheddar  cheese

ABSOLUTE PIZZA FREAK

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »
I had an old Waring 8 cup food processor that just died last year, I think I bought it on a closeout deal at a gas station in 1980-82. That thing handled anything I threw at it. If the same one was still out there I'd snap it up in a minute. I think I almost shed a tear when I put it in the trash. If this KA is 1/2 as good over time, I'll be damned happy.
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!