Author Topic: Bakers Pride PX-14 oven  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Engineered Ceramics

Bakers Pride PX-14 oven
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:28:36 PM »
I got the oven pictured below on e-bay a couple of years ago, and it seems to work good for pizza, but I was wondering what type of pizza it is best suited for, such as NY Style or American style.

I believe it is 14" wide and deep, and it has a fairly narrow opening, and goes to 650F.

Oh, and it's very heavy, which wouldn't be important other than the fact that due to limited storage space its kept down in the basement.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Bakers Pride PX-14 oven
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »
this oven was designed to reheat slices and for parbaked crusts.  You can also use it with a pizza screen to make American style pizza ala domino's and papa john's.  A few years ago I suggested that a forum member named Les (with an amazing sauce recipe) add a pizza stone to his PX-16 and it totally transformed his oven into a very useful NY style pizza machine.  If you like NY style pizza get yourself a stone for that and you should be happy too! If I remember correctly Les was getting 3 minute pizzas with his and that puts you right in the same zone as Patsy's Grimaldi's and the other famous coal oven joints.  Good luck my friend!