Author Topic: Open a Pizza restaurant in China  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Xin

Open a Pizza restaurant in China
« on: January 07, 2011, 07:30:08 AM »
Hi firends,

It is my first post. I am a Chinese guy who spent last 7 years in Europe (Most time in Brussels). I am 30 years old. I have a regular job at Financial department of an International company. I love pizza but know nothing about how to make Pizza and how to run a pizza restaurant.

The ieda of opening a pizza restaurant in China is based on:

1, My farmily have a property which is profect for a pizza restaurant, which means I do not need to worry about the rent.
2, My Father past away last year and My Mother live along now. I have to go back to China and look after her. I am the only Child.
3, The City I am living in China is Qingdao. The city have no other Pizza restaurant but Pizza Hut. And Pizza Hut's business in the city is extremely good.
4, If you think you can make better pizza than pizza hut industry line and want spend some time in China...Join me and be my partner.

PS: Qingdao is a modern city with population of 5 Million. It is a beach city located at east coast of China. Summer is her best time of the year. Qingdao held all sailing events of 2008  Beijing Olympic Game.

Offline mamma mia pizza

Re: Open a Pizza restaurant in China
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 02:15:30 AM »
Hi Xin,
Sounds like interesting project. Have a look at my Mamma Mia Pizza shop in Dunedin New Zealand.

Offline mamma mia pizza

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 02:24:09 AM »
Mamma Mia Pizza is my own creation based on experience in pizza making in Europe ( Austria, Slovakia, Italy ). Shop was set up with minimal expense, but aiming to produce top quality authentic pizza. I have build strong base of loyal customers looking for traditional handstretched pizza baked on stone without trays.
As per idea of setting up business in China. I would like to experience big busy dynamic city of 5 milion people as a contrast to nice and quiet university city with population of 100 000.

Offline dmaxdmax

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »
My stock advice to anyone considering opening a restaurant (bakery, bar, whatever) is to work in one first to see the behind the scenes nightmares and joys.  A few hours on weekends for a few months is enough to give you an idea.

Good luck!!!
Always make new mistakes.

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
My stock advice to anyone considering opening a restaurant (bakery, bar, whatever) is to work in one first to see the behind the scenes nightmares and joys.  A few hours on weekends for a few months is enough to give you an idea.

Good luck!!!

Very true!!
Many people outside of the industry looking in think it is a very easy and profitable business venture. Why does it happen this way? Because we do not let the people on the outside see us sweat, worry about making payroll, taxes, being able to afford the next food delivery, hoping we do not lose thousands in product due to a cooler failure, etc etc etc.
It takes a special breed of person to operate a profitable restaurant. It is the epitome of organized chaos!! Anything could happen at anytime, and you need to be able to thrive on that. someone coming from a very structured corporate environment may not have what it takes to be in the food service industry, just like I could not do a 9-5 job without going insane in the first week.

A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

pizzapan