Author Topic: Is there.. What are the Sysco type places in NYC?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline locoarts

Is there.. What are the Sysco type places in NYC?
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:37:55 PM »
I have a chance to possibly open up a place in nyc, I dont live there, Ive visited but Im from ohio. We have tons of places we got our foods out Ohio Farmers, Sysco, etc etc..

I was curious with the traffic, do they have these kinda places for restaurants if so whats some of the names so I can start researching now before I get up there in a month.

If they do, when do they do all their delivering? Is this the kinda thing they do this at 4am? I cant imagine a truck being able to drive and unload during the day.

OR am I wrong.

Any nyc owners here? :) A little help on places I can get our food at. Whats the best companies.

Thanks!

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
Re: Is there.. What are the Sysco type places in NYC?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:59 PM »
i think they figure things out... same way fedex does.  double park, loading zones, etc.
Patrick

Offline PaperBoy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 01:12:04 PM »
US Foods, Roma Foods, Ferraro Foods, Vesuvio Foods.... There are a ton of food companies especially in NYC.
-PaperBoy

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »

I used to sell for US. Foods. The drivers were union, so they made way more then a starting commissioned salesmen. Part of the training was a 1 day ride along with the driver. This prevented any whining about why the drivers make more then you. In the cab at 4 a.m. and running food up and down a ramp on a trailer all day as fast as you could. The route I was on was downtown Metro. That driver could make that truck do any thing he wanted. Like he was driving a compact.

Anyway, if you have applied for any kind of new food service license, you will be knee deep in salesmen soon enough. :-D

pizzapan