Author Topic: Cheese, cheese and more cheese...  (Read 1635 times)

Offline kjpoker

Cheese, cheese and more cheese...
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:22:04 PM »
I love pizza....  All kinds, all styles...  And I love cheese, mega amounts of cheese not only on pizza but burgers, sandwiches, etc...  I have spent the last three (3) hours reading the CHEESE forum posts...  I'm overwhelmed with the amount of information you all have provided...

The reason for my post is this, I also love A-1 Steak Sauce...  I attempted to make A-1 sauce from a copy cat recipe...  $75 later, it tasted like #$% (crap)...

I also love bread and tried several times to make sweet yeast bread rolls...  My mother made them almost monthly until she died...  $125 later, mine tasted like #$^ (crap)...

Thanks to you folks, I can make a decent pizza crust, but it has taken me almost three (3) years to get it right...  The sauce was easier, but the cheese still eludes me...  That's why I value your opinion and don't mind reading three (3) hours worth of cheesy posts (pardon the pun)...  I don't have any good sources for cheese here in Mishawaka, Indiana and I can't afford the $9 a pound specialty cheese...  By the time I put it all together, it always ends up cheaper to just go to my favorite pizza place....

So the crust and sauce are in place, but the cheese isn't there yet...  Keep posting your opinions, because I really enjoy reading them.....

KJ....

Offline ZekeTheCat

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Cheese, cheese and more cheese...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »
You might try Gordon Food Service (GFS) - they carry several types of cheeses used in pizzerias - both block and shredded. They also carry 6/1 crushed tomato's, high gluten flour, pizza sauces , toppings, etc.  There's two GFS store in your area in and they're open to the public. Hope this helps.

GFS store locater:

http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/cgi/region?country=US&region=IN&design=default&lang=en&mapid=US
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:00:31 PM by ZekeTheCat »

pizzapan