Author Topic: Dough Docker Style?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline AssfaceJackson

Dough Docker Style?
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
What dough docker style do others recommend? I used to work at a Mom & Pop pizza shop when I was younger, and we used to have the dockers with the plastic spokes. But in looking at couple of websites, I mostly see the one with metal spikes and very few of the plastic kinds. See attached photos.

Any thoughts?

Offline Jackitup

Re: Dough Docker Style?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »
I have the bottom one with the metal spokes and have no complaints with it, very good.
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Dough Docker Style?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 02:00:02 PM »
I likewise have the bottom dough docker, and am also satisfied with it. The pins have flat, blunt ends so they don't completely pierce the dough. Anyone planning to made lots of skins that require docking should invest in a dough docker. Using a fork takes forever and doesn't completely replicate the performance of a dough docker (the tine ends of a fork are much smaller than the docker pins and are much more closely spaced together).

Tom Lehmann recommends that one use a plastic dough docker if the doughs are to be docked while in a pan. Otherwise, there is a possibility of damaging pans if a docker with metal pins is used. See, for example, http://pizzatoday.com/production_articles.shtml?article=OTdzdXBlcjk0c2VjcmV0MTAx.

Peter
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 02:57:29 PM by Pete-zza »

pizzapan