Author Topic: regular oven to conveyor type switch.....  (Read 2282 times)

Offline ski man

regular oven to conveyor type switch.....
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:11:02 PM »
I am inquiring in regards to a technical question with a customer of ours, whom uses your Pendleton Full Power-unbleached flour in their pizza dough. 

The customer was using a 'deck' style oven and recently have transitioned over to a conveyor-type pizza oven.  They have noticed the crust throughout the pizza was soft and not as crunchy as they would like it to be.  To make their pizza to come out with a more crunchy, less soft, crust, do you have any recommendations as to what they should do or can do to make the correct adjustments as to baking their pizza through their conveyor-type oven, without having adverse effects to the other ingredients in their cooking process.

What types of adjustments to the oven or to the dough making process can one do to make it right....

open for any suggestions from a 'seasoned' expert..... 

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: regular oven to conveyor type switch.....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »
ski man,

My first thought is that you might use a longer bake and a lower oven temperature.

My second thought is that you might want to register and post your question at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. Mostly professional pizza operators post at that forum and many have switched from deck ovens to conveyor ovens. So, it is likely that someone will be able to give you a more definitive answer. You might also mention Tom Lehmann's name in your topic heading to catch his attention.

Peter