Author Topic: San Francisco Chronicle Pizza Review  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
San Francisco Chronicle Pizza Review
« on: October 03, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »
The SF Chronicle has a great Food Section. This review of US pizzerias is pretty interesting:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/03/FD9HS7D6R.DTL

I particularly like this quote from Chris Bianco:
"We think we've mastered the thing, and we don't know a thing," he says. Bianco peppers his speech with philosophical quips that reveal an almost mystical relationship between pizza and life.

Bill/SFNM

Offline ebpizza

Re: San Francisco Chronicle Pizza Review
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 02:43:16 PM »
the article mentions that Una Pizza Napoletana in NYC is getting a new oven from Naples.

Is he getting it from Marco?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 07:16:32 PM »
the article mentions that Una Pizza Napoletana in NYC is getting a new oven from Naples.

The following article referred to me by a friend also discusses the new oven at UPN: http://nymag.com/restaurants/features/39299/.

Peter

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »
Thanks Peter,i've been on vacation  so I missed this.
It sounds as though he got a pre-fabricated oven.( Not from Ferrara btw who I believe Marco represents if this info is correct? ) 
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 06:41:51 PM »
Thanks Peter,i've been on vacation  so I missed this.
It sounds as though he got a pre-fabricated oven.( Not from Ferrara btw who I believe Marco represents if this info is correct? ) 

I do not represent Ferrara or any other oven maker which I do not believe into. I was misled with info when I talked about other manufacturer in the past. I am only linked with Forno Napoletano, the ovens made by an authentic traditional builder with many generation behind him (An oven over a century old made by Forno Napoletano's Master builder great grandfather can be still seen in function in an old house...).

Corrected:

I have just seen the pictures of UPN: He obviously went for a cheaper alternative. I am sure it will do a much better job then his old oven but is a shame he did not go for the top.

Regards
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:44:50 PM by pizzanapoletana »

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »
My apologies.I assumed that S.F. Allestimenti di Stefano Ferrara and Forno-Napoletano.it are linked
When I contacted Fabio at S.F.Allestimenti in Jan 2006 via this site it was not via you, but via the member name of Forno Napoletano .I checked the profile of Forum member "Forno Napoletano" and the link now takes me to your website,and as such I thought your Forno-Napolitano and S.F.Allestimenti were associated, and that you represented them.I trust you can see the confusion.
David
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 06:42:37 AM »
David,

I think you may have got confused somewhere, as Fabio has always ONLY BEEN involved with Forno Napoletano, now managing the suppliers facing operation.
He came to this site before I got fully involved with Forno Napoletano.

Ciao

Offline David

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »
Thanks.It must be the rioja........
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:13:07 AM by David »

Offline Seaside Thom

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 12:56:57 PM »
The Chronicle has a section dedicated to food on wednesday, wine on friday and the editor Michael Bauer writes daily blog.  These can all be viewed at sfgate.com.  The article Bill shared was Bauer's launch of Pizza Fridays where he does a description (as opposed to a review) of different pizzeria each friday.  The link below has the last 4 or so and includes a video for each - all different styles.  Check it out.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/category?blogid=26&cat=1398

Offline David

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
Here is a link to a place in Socal that had a new oven completed on-site in February of last year apparently,but i don't recall any comments /reviews of this place ?Has anyone been there yet?

http://www.caffecalabria.com/home/retail.htm

pizzapan