Author Topic: Ouestion on yeast amount  (Read 1211 times)

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
Ouestion on yeast amount
« on: February 12, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »
This will be my first attemp at making pizza dough with 00 flour..
I found this recipe but 2 grams of fresh yeast just doesn't sound right to me..
does this recipe look right or should I try something from here..

Pizza Margherita Neopolitan Style
Method of production for 1 kg oo pizzeria
Step 1: Dump the bag of flour into the mixer.
Step 2: Measure 1/2 liter of water (but do not put in mixer yet). Add 2 grams of fresh yeast (NOT DRY) to the water and let it melt.
Step 3: Turn on mixer speed 1 and then slowly add water.
Step 4: While mixing add 1 oz of salt.
Step 5: Mix on speed 1 for 10 minutes using the hook attachment.

Once the dough is ready, remove it from the mixer and wrap it in film (or cover with moist cloth).Let dough rise for a minimum of 3-4 hours at a temperature of 68-70 degee F (an alternative would be to let them rise for 1 hour and then proof in the refrigerator overnigh-for next day use). Or you can cut the dough into ball immediately and then let rise per above instructions.

From the large dough ball, small pieces 8-9oz each must be hand removed and shaped in small round balls by rolling the dough on the flat surface and place into dough trays. If dough is kept in a refrigerator it must be taken out at least 1 hour before use.
The traditional technique in making the pizza consists in slightly sifting the dough with flour before positioning each smaller individual ball of dough on the board. This will avoid it from sticking to the surface. IT IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE THAT ANY EXTRA FLOUR BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED SO THAT IT WILL NOT ADHERE TO THE DOUGH AND GIVE THE PIZZA A BITTER FLAVOR
Pizza Rocks

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Ouestion on yeast amount
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »
I have a number of issues with this recipe.  Try one of ours!