Author Topic: sicilian baking  (Read 2419 times)

Offline M Boss

sicilian baking
« on: February 18, 2008, 05:48:15 PM »
I'm using a pan that is 16x16 1.5"

i wanted to make the sicilian pie the way i seen it done in local pizza shops. (1)they oil the pan and put the dough in the oven, (2)then take the dough out of the oven and put sauce on the dough (3) then they take it out and put cheese on it and put it back in the oven. i wanted to know if you would know the cook times for these procedures. i don't want to burn anything while I'm trying it i plan on baking at 475 degrees .

i wanted to know how do i determine the thickness factor to make my sicilian pizza rise to 1.5"

how much oil would i need for this size pan ? is there a formula to figure out the amount of oil ?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: sicilian baking
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »
i wanted to know how do i determine the thickness factor to make my sicilian pizza rise to 1.5"

The thickness factor relates to a quantity of dough. By increasing the amount of dough by increasing the thickness factor, the dough will be thicker in the pan but there are other factors that govern the extent of rise, including the amount of yeast and water used in the dough and the temperature during a typical proof of the dough before baking.

Peter