Author Topic: Stanislaus NY Pizza Sauce??  (Read 7001 times)

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
Stanislaus NY Pizza Sauce??
« on: October 29, 2004, 12:12:45 PM »
hey....I was just looking at the Stanislaus website...are you guys aware that they sell a "Pizzaletto New York Style Pizza Sauce"????  Has anyone tried that???  

Dave

scampi

Re: Stanislaus NY Pizza Sauce??
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 09:21:13 PM »
I use it. It's an awesome sauce. You need to add a few things but not that much.

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 02:02:18 AM »
by the way, I have extra cans of Stanislaus products(all 6 lb. 11 oz.)of the following that I am not going to use if anyone wants to purchase them...3 cans of Stanislaus Full Red pizza sauce w/basil, and 1 can of each of the following..7/11 ground tomatoes, al dente ultra premium pasta sauce, tomatoe magic ground tomatoes, full red fully prepared pizza sauce. I'm in Northern California. hawaiimf@hotmail.com

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 03:44:54 PM »
Canadave,
I bought a can a few weeks ago. I believe it has whole basil leaves in it. I froze most of it but from what I can remember, it was very thick and needed to be diluted quite a bit. The taste was not as "fresh" as what I prefer but it was creamy smooth in consistency and was quite similar to typical NY pizza sauce once it's spiced up and diluted.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:21:24 AM »
Hi guys, I add 2 tablespoons of oregano, 1 teaspoon of each of the following...salt, pepper, granulated garlic (NOT GARLIC POWDER OR GARLIC SALT) and half teaspoon of red chile flakes.. stir it in and let it set for 24 hours and it is fantastic sauce with the Stanslaus New York sauce. Keep in mind this is 6 lbs. and 11 ounces I add the ingrediants to.  Try it and see if you like it.  Oh no!!! Now everyone knows my recipe, hehe  ;D

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 10:40:49 AM »
It all sounds delicious....now if only I had a way to get my hands on some of that Stanislaus NY Pizza Sauce!  :'(

Dave

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 11:06:54 AM »
next time you're in California give me a call..actually I have no idea how you would get it in Canada...but good luck! :)

Offline turbosundance

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »
A&P sells it in Canada!
Ryan

Offline mzshan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 11:16:15 PM »
CANADAVE hey bud.. Good inspiration you are man...

I just read your post now I went to thier website they dont have such a product that I see which is called "Pizzaletto NY style pizza sauce".. how ever I noticed they have a sauce which is the following if thats what you man.

"FULL RED
(in some areas known as Full RedŽ Concentrated Crushed) For Scratch Cooking
My mother used to say, "It's not really bragging if it's true." So with that in mind, let me brag about our Full RedŽ Pizza Sauce, which is the #l pizza sauce brand in New York, where "Real Italian" pizzaioli have made it famous! Full Red's longstanding popularity in New York is especially meaningful to me because New Yorkers are among the most knowledgeable pizza consumers in America — a point hotly contested by Chicagoans! Full RedŽ Pizza Sauce is a rich base sauce with full tomato flavor, deep red color, and "velvety" mouth-feel. Packed from fresh tomatoes (like all of our products), Full RedŽ Pizza Sauce contains just a trace of seeds and skins (for homemade appearance) and just the right thickness for spreading on pizza. (Available with or without hand-packed fresh basil leaves.)"

IS TIHS IT???
Wait i just found some other site which do have a description to this.

http://www.profileshowcase.com/GW/SPSPS/Gateway.asp?PAGE=1&GATEWAYID=SPSPS&MFR=001723&PID=14591&PRINT=Y

IF someone gets a hold of this do tell where and how to acquire it please I like to try this my self.

shan
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:26:50 PM by mzshan »

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »
CANADAVE hey bud.. Good inspiration you are man...

I just read your post now I went to thier website they dont have such a product that I see which is called "Pizzaletto NY style pizza sauce".. how ever I noticed they have a sauce which is the following if thats what you man.

"FULL RED
(in some areas known as Full RedŽ Concentrated Crushed) For Scratch Cooking
My mother used to say, "It's not really bragging if it's true." So with that in mind, let me brag about our Full RedŽ Pizza Sauce, which is the #l pizza sauce brand in New York, where "Real Italian" pizzaioli have made it famous! Full Red's longstanding popularity in New York is especially meaningful to me because New Yorkers are among the most knowledgeable pizza consumers in America — a point hotly contested by Chicagoans! Full RedŽ Pizza Sauce is a rich base sauce with full tomato flavor, deep red color, and "velvety" mouth-feel. Packed from fresh tomatoes (like all of our products), Full RedŽ Pizza Sauce contains just a trace of seeds and skins (for homemade appearance) and just the right thickness for spreading on pizza. (Available with or without hand-packed fresh basil leaves.)"

IS TIHS IT???
Wait i just found some other site which do have a description to this.

http://www.profileshowcase.com/GW/SPSPS/Gateway.asp?PAGE=1&GATEWAYID=SPSPS&MFR=001723&PID=14591&PRINT=Y

IF someone gets a hold of this do tell where and how to acquire it please I like to try this my self.

shan

Shan, They changed the name, but yes that's the sauce. Here's a link http://www.pennmac.com/items/3430
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 02:09:38 AM »
I was buying the New York Pizza sauce and it was never on their weblink.. sold only to stores

Offline mzshan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 05:12:30 PM »
I BOUGHT IT.
9.99 C.A.D @ Dominions Supermarket they have a pizzaria in store it was set up right then and there. #10 Can of Pizzaletto New York Style Pizza Sauce..
Let the experiments begin... :D

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »
Hi  mzshan,

Hmm, at Dominion ? ... what province was this in ? I haven't seen a Dominion around my area, but I'm going to try and look
for this sauce !

( I"m also in Canada )  ;D

I BOUGHT IT.
9.99 C.A.D @ Dominions Supermarket they have a pizzaria in store it was set up right then and there. #10 Can of Pizzaletto New York Style Pizza Sauce..
Let the experiments begin... :D
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
If you can find an A&P with a pizza take out they will have the sauce.
Aaron

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
Hi All, been awhile. I just opened up a can of the Full Red Pizza sauce that I got at Penn-Mac a few months ago. WOW! that's some pretty good stuff right out of the can. Wife came out into the kitchen while I was heating it up a little to add some spices and freaked over the smell, had to keep her away from the pot. >:( I also bought the Bonita pizza sauce, and the Pizzaletto NY style pizza sauce. Haven't tried them 2 yet but I'm glad I bought 2 #10 cans of the Full Red pizza sauce.  ;D
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

pizzapan