Author Topic: 1st Chicago Style attempt - pics (I hope)  (Read 2608 times)

Offline LPcreation

1st Chicago Style attempt - pics (I hope)
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:35:55 AM »
I made my first chicago style pizza over the weekend and it turned out pretty well but can be improved.

My dough was based off of buzz's dough and my sauce recipe was a simple one but I used too much garlic.  It was just a can of red pack peeled tomato's, salt, sugar, red pepper, dash of hot sauce, and garlic (4 cloves).

The pizza was 1/2 provolone, 1/2 mozz, pepperoni and salami.

The dough wasn't a uniform texture thoughout, but I didn't really care.  Thanks to this forum for helping me start to make pretty decent pizza's.

Offline loowaters

• Where's my knife and fork?
Re: 1st Chicago Style attempt - pics (I hope)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:40:55 AM »
Welcome to the board LP.  Thoses look good, a little bigger pic might help us really see what we're looking at better ;).  Keep working on it and you'll have no problems down the line with the uniformity of the crust.  That's a lot of garlic for one can of sauce.  I like garlic and I wouldn't use more than one clove for a 28 oz. can.  Keepin' the vampires away.

Loo
Using pizza to expand my waistline since 1969!

Offline LPcreation

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:16:13 AM »
Welcome to the board LP.  Thoses look good, a little bigger pic might help us really see what we're looking at better ;).  Keep working on it and you'll have no problems down the line with the uniformity of the crust.  That's a lot of garlic for one can of sauce.  I like garlic and I wouldn't use more than one clove for a 28 oz. can.  Keepin' the vampires away.

Loo

I can't hyperlink the photo's so I think that's as big as I can get right now.  I think read I need 5 posts to hyperlink so maybe I'll edit and see if that helps.

The sauce was really garlicy.  I love garlic but 4 cloves was way too much.  I think your suggestion of 1 (maybe 2) cloves would be good.  Thanks!

Offline LPcreation

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »
I went to modify my original post but I saw in another thread that Steve would prefer people attaching pics rather than hyperlinking them.

I tried to blow up my pictures but everytime I did they got really distorted and looked worse than the small ones.  I'll keep trying.

Offline loowaters

• Where's my knife and fork?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 01:29:52 PM »
Don't stress over the pics just take some more next time and make sure we all get to see them.

Loo
Using pizza to expand my waistline since 1969!

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »
LP,
If you are using a program to modify the pictures to a smaller pixel size, (I'm doubting that they were actually shot at 160 X 120) next time try resizing them to 320 X 240 or something similar.  That should make your pics a little larger and easier to see.  I'm just starting to try this style of pizza and so am interested in your experiments!

~sd
Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline LPcreation

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 04:16:17 PM »
LP,
If you are using a program to modify the pictures to a smaller pixel size, (I'm doubting that they were actually shot at 160 X 120) next time try resizing them to 320 X 240 or something similar.  That should make your pics a little larger and easier to see.  I'm just starting to try this style of pizza and so am interested in your experiments!

~sd

I'll work on the photo's but something funny happened. 

As far as the pizza goes, it was really fun and a success (garlic sauce and all).  I've mostly been grilling NY style pies but as a huge Cubs fan I want to have a big opening day party with Chicago style pizza's here in PA.  I'll be practicing a lot in the next few weeks so I'll improve both my pizza's and my pictures.