Author Topic: Conveyor Oven question  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Park.Pizza

• Salute
Conveyor Oven question
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:54:42 PM »
Would any one give me their input about conveyor ovens. I looking for a unit to make par baked crusts with
Thanks
Tim
Throw me a slice, won't ya

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Conveyor Oven question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »
Tim,

Are you thinking of only making par-baked crusts or do you also plan to finish baking the pizzas in the same conveyor oven? Most conveyor ovens, and even deck ovens, can do both. If you are thinking of making only par-baked crusts, there may well be specialized equipment to do that. I don't recall reading about such equipment, but Tom Lehmann should be able to help you.

A lot of operators who use par-baked crusts buy them from suppliers who specialize in those crusts. That way they only need a small countertop unit to finish the pizzas, not a full-fledged oven. A lot of bars or convenience stores with small volume requiements use the par-baked crusts that way. It's is more cost effective for them.

Peter

Offline Park.Pizza

• Salute
Re: Conveyor Oven question
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »
Hi Pete,

I would like to do both. Par & Fresh. I did look into pre-made dough, and I tried a couple samples that I got from the NAPICS. They were OK. But my volume wouldn't justify the cost of buying bulk qty. I think I mentioned to you that I make 3 dozen pies every two weeks. But if I move to my own shop that would all change.

Tim

Throw me a slice, won't ya