Author Topic: Wooden Peel ID? PLEASE!  (Read 2332 times)

Offline steveo922

Wooden Peel ID? PLEASE!
« on: March 02, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
Hello everyone.

Do any of you know what kind of a wooden peel that is out there that has a 20 maybe 22'' width, a short handle and goes thinner at the end of the peel with a pretty noticable curve?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Rosalie

Re: Wooden Peel ID? PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »
Hello everyone.

Do any of you know what kind of a wooden peel that is out there that has a 20 maybe 22'' width, a short handle and goes thinner at the end of the peel with a pretty noticable curve?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Im a new member, so I can't post the link but go to centralrestaurant.com and search pizza peels they have a variety of sizes and types
Hope this helps

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »
steveo922,

You didn't specify what length of handle you are looking for, but most large wooden peels (20" and better) tend to have long handles, of around 21". A good example is a 20" x 21" peel from American Metalcraft (website: amnow.com) with a 21" handle. However, there are a few large wooden peels with 16" handles, as noted, for example, at the Mr. Peel website at http://www.mrpeel.com/long_handle.html. Except for rectangular makeup boards, which do have very short handles, I don't think you are going to find the larger wooden peels (with curved blades) with short handles. I suspect it is because of stability issues. If you buy a large peel with a long handle and cut it to the size you want, you may well create stability problems by doing so.

If you find what you are looking for, please let us know just in case someone else asks the same kind of question in the future.

Peter

Offline steveo922

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:55:36 PM »
Actually, I think it was a smaller handle. I know it was a 20'' board because we made an 18'' pizza. The handle couldnt have been any long than 10''. As I said before, the reason I loved that board so much is because of the curve in the end of the board which allowed the pizza to be easily place on the shelf without any chance of folding the pizza. I wish I could go back there and take a picture of it somehow, I havent talked to them in 4 years.

Offline shango

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »
Granted I only looked in one place; this is the closest I could find...

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/Pizza-Peel-Wood-WxD-Blade--Overall-Length-c106p384.html?from=Search

maybe it will help.
pizza, pizza, pizza

pizzapan