Author Topic: Dough Ball Time Lapse  (Read 1507 times)

Offline iRobertO

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Dough Ball Time Lapse
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »
I have a Ferrari I love to drive and a Yugo in the garage. Either will get me from point a to point b (or somewhat close to it anyway) but I'm not going to take out the Yugo just because it will burn less gas or because it is simpler to operate.

Running the oven is at least half my enjoyment - probably more. That and my goal in every pizza I make is to come as close to perfection as possible. By definition, that doesn't happen if I use the BS because I'm too lazy to fire up the Acunto.

How long have you known me, and you really think I would ever use the BS with the Acunto in the garage?

Sounds like he's trying to convert you so he can have your oven  :D

Was that simply a metaphor or do you actually drive a Ferrari and a Yugo?

iRobertO

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:40 PM »
599 GTB Fiorano. No Yugo.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline iRobertO

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 11:50:33 PM »
599 GTB Fiorano. No Yugo.

No Yugo? Oh.. Well, then you haven't lived  ;)

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 11:53:03 PM »
No Yugo? Oh.. Well, then you haven't lived  ;)

No Ferrari either   :-D

Rather a F350 pickup. It is bright red though!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »
You ever tried loading 2000lbs of wood in a Ferrari? Not functional at all.  ;D
Pizza is not bread.

Offline iRobertO

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 11:55:34 PM »
No Ferrari either   :-D

Rather a F350 pickup. It is bright red though!

Close enough then.. If you need to see Ferrari red you can always look to the flame that your beautiful oven creates. I'd be happy with that!

iRobertO

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
Close enough then.. If you need to see Ferrari red you can always look to the flame that your beautiful oven creates. I'd be happy with that!

iRobertO

I am. I don't need much else.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline rockmes

• Gotta have a wood oven
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »
I have a Ferrari I love to drive and a Yugo in the garage. Either will get me from point a to point b (or somewhat close to it anyway) but I'm not going to take out the Yugo just because it will burn less gas or because it is simpler to operate.

Running the oven is at least half my enjoyment - probably more. That and my goal in every pizza I make is to come as close to perfection as possible. By definition, that doesn't happen if I use the BS because I'm too lazy to fire up the Acunto.

How long have you known me, and you really think I would ever use the BS with the Acunto in the garage?

Here here! Got the best , use the best. I love the process of firing up my oven as well.

Online scott123

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »

I'm pissing in the wind, I know, but I had to try  ;D  The prospect of the forum's best NP pizza maker utilizing the most promising affordable WFO analog ever made is just too monumental.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 12:25:11 AM »
I'm pissing in the wind, I know, but I had to try  ;D  The prospect of the forum's best NP pizza maker utilizing the most promising affordable WFO analog ever made is just too monumental.

I'd be more than happy to try it, but it would be from a scientific/experimental perspective. I am impressed and pleasantly surprised with the pies I see coming out of it. The love for my Ferrari runs deep however.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline iRobertO

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
The beginning of attempt #2 with the starter that is more alive and activated. Of course my daughter had the garage open all day so the temp in there is 74 now, but I think it will drop.
I also went up to 275 grams per ball. I was going to bulk for 12 and ball for 12 but the time I go to sleep might change the ratio to 6/18 or maybe 8/16.

Pic of it in "bulk rise" form. Since they are individual balls I have trouble calling it a bulk rise but I suppose it still is.

iRobertO

pizzapan