Author Topic: Pizza Stones In The UK .... Help Please !!  (Read 2939 times)

Offline sleekit

Pizza Stones In The UK .... Help Please !!
« on: June 16, 2008, 05:12:59 PM »
Hello Everyone !
Having recently discovered this wonderful forum, and being a complete novice ! I'm hoping members in the UK can advise.

I'm looking for your opinions on any rectangular pizza stone you may have purchased here: high street, amazon. ebay etc,
The stone i would Really like to try is the American fibrament stone, does anyone know if it is available here in the UK ?
There are a few brands which crop up a lot on google search ... weber , sassafras , what's your thoughts on these, or any other brand you may have tried ?

I hope i'm not going over old ground here !
I would very much like your advice
I would have thought that someone would have started shipping the Fibrament stones in here by now ! but i can't find any information ..... your help is much appreciated !

Sleekit

Offline 808chic

Re: Pizza Stones In The UK .... Help Please !!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:43:41 PM »
I have actually seen a rectangular pizza stone (13 3/8" x 17 1/2" x 3/4") at kitchenemporium. It's an oline store. Not sure if you care to order online, but it costs about $45

Offline Art

• la pizza la mia vita!!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:14:21 AM »
Have you been in communication with the folks at Fibrament? I checked their site and saw no mention of shipping policy but, since the cost is included in the price of the stone for U.S. shipments, perhaps with the proper "stroking" you could get them to send you one at a not-too-terrible price. I've had the 15x20 for the last 18 months and wouldn't trade it for anything. Good luck,  art
When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste.

Offline sleekit

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:06:13 AM »
Thankyou both for your replies, it's much appreciated, and i'll try both options see how i get on !
Again, thankyou !

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »
sleekit,

You might also keep your eye on eBay/UK. Ideally, you want to get a thick stone. The thin ones, especially the inexpensive ones, do not have the same thermal capacity and they tend to break more easily.

Peter