Author Topic: Pizza with an Egg  (Read 44142 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Pizza with an Egg
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »
AKSteve,

That's a terrific looking pizza. In the beginning, I, too, had problems keeping the unbaked eggs on the pizza from sliding and found that I had to build barriers using cheese and maybe some toppings at the outside of the pizza to contain the raw eggs. I also found using a pizza screen helpful although the pizza will bake up somewhat differently using the screen. Using a combination of screen and preheated stone will also work.

Peter

Pizza01

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2010, 08:20:34 PM »
hey peter
i just saw this thread,lots of nice looking pies. good job
i also made pie with an egg, did you saw it ? i post it in new york style forum
michael
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:49:01 PM by msheetrit »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »
i also made pie with an egg, did you saw it ? i post it in new york style forum

Michael,

Yes, I did see it but thanks for posting your egg pizza here, among all the other egg pizzas in the thread.

Peter

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2010, 08:48:12 PM »
On DDD (Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives), they showed an egg pizza.  The lady making it made a crater in the cheese and sauce for each (of the 4) eggs, and made note to pull the shells to the center to contain the mess.  Theirs looked very good.  She also used more cheese on top to "shield" the yolk.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »
On DDD (Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives), they showed an egg pizza.  The lady making it made a crater in the cheese and sauce for each (of the 4) eggs, and made note to pull the shells to the center to contain the mess.  Theirs looked very good.  She also used more cheese on top to "shield" the yolk.

The video (Vito & Nick's) for the above pizza is linked at http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-united-states-of-pizza-illinois-chicago-best-pizza-in-chicago-deep-dish-thin-crust.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+feedmeaslice+%28Slice%29. In the video, Rosemary also adds some crumbled pepperoni on top of the eggs.

Peter

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »
Yeah, I would use crumbled crisp bacon, but other than that I think she hit a home run.

pizzapan