Author Topic: Max London's Saratoga Springs, NY  (Read 1889 times)

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
Max London's Saratoga Springs, NY
« on: March 02, 2008, 02:55:23 PM »
Finally a great wood fired pizza near Albany!

Max London's Restaurant + Bar

466 Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-587-3535

http://www.maxlondons.com/index.html

The new restaurant of Max London, former chef at Eartha's and son of bread and pastry legends Michael and Wendy London, is a wonderful place.

The space is great albeit noisy. The food is contemporary Mediterranean with a mix of incredible tapas, wood fired Neapolitan style pizza and a changing array of main courses. Many of the ingredients are local. They are doing in-house charcuterie with Flying Pigs Farm pork.

Michael London, arguably the nation's best baker according to Saveur Magazine, is making breads for the restaurant, while Mrs. London's provides many of the decadent desserts.

Make a reservation well in advance as it's only been open a couple of months and is very popular.

I've only been once as it's about an hour from where I live. It was so busy I did not dare to attempt to converse with the chef. Maybe next time.
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline robert40

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Max London's Saratoga Springs, NY
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:38:04 PM »
I live about 20 minutes from Saratoga and am looking forward to trying it. I have heard good things and it certainly is a welcome addition to the area.

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
Re: Max London's Saratoga Springs, NY
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »
If you can, take a group that likes to share so you can sample many of the small plates.
There were six of us and we shared three salads, two pizzas, seven small plates and three desserts.
The mains looked great as well but I doubt that I'll ever want to pass up the tapas.

I expect it's not as crazy on week nights if that works for you.

Enjoy!
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

pizzapan