Author Topic: Last night's dough w/tricked oven (cont.)  (Read 6947 times)

Offline MWTC

Re: Last night's dough w/tricked oven (cont.)
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »
I just edited the last post. Check it out to see if I am seeing things wrong.

This pizza was made with 80% All Trumps and 20% Caputo's Pizzeria Flour.

MWTC  :chef:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:24:16 AM by MWTC »

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2008, 02:38:25 AM »
You're right.

I got my numbers wrong.  ???  It should read and be 133gr. of water in the last part. Thanks for pointing that out!

Note to Self: Double check your calculations!

Either way, the pies turned out great. Had a couple of buddies over for some Sharks Hockey, Beer and Pizza and they loved it. After the first pie, I asked for some suggestions and both said a little less salt in the crust would overall improve the otherwise good crust, perhaps increase the amount of sauce by a 1/4 cup, and add a little more cheese.

The second one was topped with a generous amount of sauce & cheese, left out the pinch of salt, and topped it with mushrooms and olives and baked it for around 5 mins, because of a lower temperature.

Some pics...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 02:40:55 AM by Essen1 »
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2008, 02:39:56 AM »
And the second pie...

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 08:00:53 AM »
Great Pies!!! I'm still amazed at the crust and they way you are getting it to cook in a regular oven.. Are you still using the "tricked" method.. have you improved on that area. I know before you said the towel or cloth was starting to burn in the oven... please explain..! I would like to do this in my oven buy the temp probe in my oven is down close to the lower element.. I'm afraid of whatever I use catching fire...

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »
I have been using this version of the Di Fara clone in my 2Stone at 800-850 with great success for a few months now.

Flour 100%  75% 00/25% KASL
Water 62%
IDY .4%
Salt 2%

tf .08 for both

Proof yeast in water for 10 minutes, add to other ingredients and mix in KA for 7 minutes. Room temp rise for 1- 2 hours, punch down, fold, divide into balls and then into the fridge for 1-2 days. Rise on counter for 2 hours and bake.
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
MT,

yes, I still use the same method with my oven. Last night, the glass of my thermometer broke. I guess it was too hot for it.

My temp gauge sits in the upper left corner, not on the bottom. In your case, I don't know if I'd use that method if my gauge would sit so close to the heating element. The towel didn't actually burn, it simply fell apart when I unwrapped it from the foil. I haven't checked the one I used last night, yet.

MM,

I had good success with both combinations, but must say that I liked the latest one a bit better.

Mike
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 01:10:22 PM by Essen1 »
Mike

pizzapan